Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Mummy Returns, The (2001) (Read 11,663 times)
hosenhaus
Ex Member

spheroid

Mummy Returns, The (2001)
06. Oct 2001 at 13:47
Print Post  

Predictable story.

Fine special effects.

Plus Freddie.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 02. Feb 2010 at 21:20 by hosenhaus »  

IP Logged

cal
Ex Member

Admin

The Mummy Returns
Reply #1 - 08. Oct 2001 at 02:51
Print Post  
nice pics... of a nice looking boy.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I hope Freddie gets to do a couple more films before he is too much older.

I wonder if there will be a sequel to the sequel.

mini bio on Freddie:
Boath, an energetic nine-year-old newcomer, was tapped to play adventure-loving Alex over hundreds of other hopefuls. His fearless personality convinced Stephen Sommers that he was right for the part after only a few meetings, and the film's cast and crew agreed that he is much like the brave, action-minded Alex in real life. The son of a banker father and producer mother, Boath attends a Catholic boys' school in London. Although he has taken weekly drama classes for several years with his older brother Jack and his little sister Millie, Boath's only experience before auditioning for The Mummy Returns had been lip-synching the John Travolta role in a class production of Grease.

Freddie was born on May 6, 1991 in London. He has a brother Jack (11 years) and a sister Millie (5 years).  His impressive personality won him the role in the mummy 2 after only three meetings, over hundreds of other children. He apparently saw The Mummy 58 times and he wanted the role so much, that he gave up auditioning for Harry Potter.

IP Logged

Sherry
Ex Member

The Mummy Returns
Reply #2 - 28. Nov 2001 at 20:45
Print Post  
it's a great movie! even better than the frist one!
think everyone will enjoy it.... the special affects are astounding!
the boy cracked me up also, he was very real life into the role
even letting out a few cuss words.... Wink

IP Logged

vicky_scott
Ex Member

Re: The Mummy Returns
Reply #3 - 10. May 2004 at 12:28
Print Post  
My favourite movie of all time.freddie boath makes it very good to watch with his amusing quotes 1 of them being "hey, lady i dont behave for my parents, what makes  you think im ghoing to do it for you" also brendan frase makes it totally remembaral Roll Eyes

IP Logged

boy55
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 10. May 2004 at 15:27
Print Post  
2 hrs. 20 min. THE MUMMY RETURNS is set in 1935, 10 years after the events of the first film. Rick O'Connell (Fraser) is now married to Evelyn (Weisz), and the couple have settled in London, where they are raising their 9-year-old son Alex (played by screen newcomer Freddie Boath). When a chain of events finds the corpse of Imhotep (Vosloo) resurrected in the British Museum, the mummy Imhotep walks the earth once more, determined to fulfill his quest for immortality. But another force has also been set loose in the world...one born of the darkest rituals of ancient Egyptian mysticism, and even more powerful than Imhotep. When these two forces clash, the fate of the world will hang in the balance, sending the O'Connells on a desperate race to save the world from unspeakable evil, and rescue their son before it is too late.
Release Date:  May 4, 2001 Nationwide.
MPAA Rating:   PG-13 for adventure action and violence.
Distributor:   Universal Pictures

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 13. May 2004 at 13:01
Print Post  
i dont know if this is true but i heard freddie ap[rents wont let him do a movie agian till he grows up and is out of school.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #6 - 15. May 2004 at 06:12
Print Post  
Awwwww shucks!!

I was hoping we'd at least get to see him in a sequel to the sequel  Sad

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Mummy Returns, The (2001)
Reply #7 - 16. Jun 2015 at 22:18
Print Post  

Smiley I have seen again this movie this evening. Freddie BOATH  have a very good play in part of Alex. My movie rating is 7/10.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 03. Nov 2017 at 20:23
Print Post  
A wonderful film and I often watch the DVD where Freddie is interviewed in the extras. He played the part of young Alex to perfection and many thanks, 'cal', for the info about him. He was funny and an ideal choice for the part.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #9 - 04. Nov 2017 at 19:25
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 03. Nov 2017 at 20:23:
A wonderful film and I often watch the DVD where Freddie is interviewed in the extras. He played the part of young Alex to perfection and many thanks, 'cal', for the info about him. He was funny and an ideal choice for the part.

I love this movie too! I lost the DVD of it in the fire, but I just recently obtained a copy from Half Price Books! My favorite scene is where Alex says, "My dad is gonna kick your ass!" in the special features Freddie said he had a lot of trouble saying the word 'ass', I assume because he was raised to not use bad words, and I'm sure he had the same trouble with any other bad words in the script. I love it that he got the role based mainly on his personality! Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 05. Nov 2017 at 21:19
Print Post  
My favourite quote is "Mum, Dad, I can explain everything" after his parents have nearly drowned. Freddie was a joy to watch.    Cool

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #11 - 05. Nov 2017 at 22:10
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 05. Nov 2017 at 21:19:
My favourite quote is "Mum, Dad, I can explain everything" after his parents have nearly drowned. Freddie was a joy to watch.    (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Being an only child, Alex KNEW he'd be blamed! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print