Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Gummo (1997) (Read 3,465 times)
youngboy 16
Ex Member

Gummo (1997)
25. Nov 2001 at 06:06
Print Post  

Last night I watched a movie I hired. It was called ‘Gummo’ and really strange. Similar to a documentary movie, where there is a loose script and real people. Same writer as 'Kids'.
It started with a young boy, 12-14yrs, wearing large pink rabbit ears, spitting and urinating from an overpass bridge onto cars passing underneath. There was also beautiful boy about 15yrs, who looked after his 80-year-old grandmother, who was basically brain dead. He had to was wash her etc. The ‘main’ actors, 15yr and 16/17yr boys, broke into his house, switched off the air to the old lady and found pictures of the boy in drag. The two killed cats for the local butcher, who sold them to the Chinese restaurant, for $1/ pound. They were saving money to have sex with a retarded girl who was sold by her father, who liked to watch from above the door. The other boy also killed cats by leaving baited meat, also with broken glass.

I would give it 2 out of 10.
No story, as such but gave a glimpse of some parts of another country. I suppose some 'back water' places in Australia, would be similer....

(Edited by youngboy 16 at 1:10 pm on Nov. 25, 2001)
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:16 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Gummo
Reply #1 - 25. Nov 2001 at 18:17
Print Post  
Thanks for the review, youngboy16.  I've seen this movie mentioned, but didn't know this much about it.  Sounds very dark, and something that Sir would only watch when he's ready for a melancholy state of mind.

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Cal
Ex Member

Gummo
Reply #2 - 27. Nov 2001 at 06:12
Print Post  
It's been appearing on one of the cable movie channels recently...

...a <i>very</i> weird movie indeed. Recommended for those that like the offbeat.

The official site for the movie is here:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Thanks for the review YB...  

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Gummo (1997)
Reply #3 - 06. Feb 2011 at 15:46
Print Post  
Smiley I saw this movie this afternoon. I liked the play of Jacob REYNOLD in part of Salomon. Here the trailer.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print