Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Alone In The Woods (1996) (Read 12,505 times)
HuckFinn
Silver Member

Alone In The Woods (1996)
27. Nov 2001 at 22:54
Print Post  

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself with a short review of the movie "Alone In The Woods": (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

My native language is german, so please don't take any unsuitable expressions seriously. For example, the most frequently used word in this forum, "cute", has a lot of different meanings if I look it up in a dictionary. That makes it kind of hard for me to describe a boy.

To give you an imagination of my taste, here are 3 boys, into whose eyes I could stare endlessly, flying away, dreaming...
- J. Brandis in "Neverending Story 2"
- M. Collin in "Leolo"
- M. Pomeranc in "Searching for Bobby Fischer"

Ok, now back to the movie.
"Alone In The Woods" is not a blockbuster, but is very fun to watch. The plot is told quickly: 10-year-old Justin (Brady Bluhm) goes on a Thanksgiving trip with his family, by accident he gets into the car of 2 kidnappers. He finds out they kidnapped a millionaire's daughter, manages to get back to his parents, they don't believe him and he takes care of business by himself...
The story has a funny sub-plot: a town sheriff with a really dumb assistant. He is SOOOO dumb, and he plays it great.
And the boy? He's wonderful: natural, smart and sassy (is this the right expression? Or is it rather saucy, ribald, perkily, insolent, impudent, impertinent, fresh, cheeky, bold? How should I know?).

Unfortunately I can't post any screenshots because this title is only available on VHS and I don't have a PC with videocard.

Don't buy that movie at amazon.con, the price is ridiculous for a tape ($25)! Get it used at the same site or at half.com.

The movie is watched best with a couple of beers!
:beerchug:

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:27 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Pelle
Silver Member

Alone In The Woods
Reply #1 - 27. Nov 2001 at 22:07
Print Post  
Hahha Huck!

Form the picture on the IMDB page they boy looks very "cute" as in "very good looking" Smiley

<i>"He's wonderful: natural, smart and sassy (is this the right expression? Or is it rather saucy, ribald, perkily, insolent, impudent, impertinent, fresh, cheeky, bold? How should I know?).
"</i>

All of the above sounds good to me!  although the "ribald" bit is especially interesting Wink  Its a pity this one is not on DVD.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Alone In The Woods
Reply #2 - 27. Nov 2001 at 23:08
Print Post  
HuckFinn, that was a great review!  Smiley

That's the first time anyone mentioned in their review that a movie would be best viewed with a couple of beers, I think.  hehe

You do a real nice review in English, too, and I know we have a lot in common when you mention the eyes of those beautiful boys.  Cute, to me, means great eyes and a great smile, sometimes with those dimples we all like, but sometimes just with a sparkle in the eyes.  If they happen to have great hair and a little cherub's body, then that's just a bonus for me.  Smiley

Glad to have you here posting with us, Mr. Finn!

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Cal
Ex Member

Alone In The Woods
Reply #3 - 28. Nov 2001 at 04:24
Print Post  
I've seen it I've seen it...the movie that is.

about two years ago it had a run on cable... I think the producers were influenced by the Home Alone movies...  'boy foils a bunch of incompetent villains'.  It's very silly nonsense without anything original and extremely improbable .. BUT...  who careS?   It has a boy of the right age and he's not a bad looker...  I think that's why the movie was made.  I'm up to the motives of these film makers  :laugh:

I also have a feeling that I saw Brady doing a send up of Macaulay Culkin, but I can't remember where.

BTW, I think Brady Bluhm is related to Brandon Bluhm who was also a child actor and according to IMDb made his last movie in 1991.. the very year Brady made his first movie.
« Last Edit: 27. Aug 2003 at 11:09 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Alone In The Woods
Reply #4 - 28. Nov 2001 at 14:42
Print Post  
Cal, that's intedesting.  Veddy intedesting...

And that's all the German I know, Huck. Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

YoungArthur
Ex Member

Hagrid's Helper

Alone In The Woods
Reply #5 - 29. Nov 2001 at 18:11
Print Post  
Hello Huck!  I'm new here too.  Its a fine movie review and your english is great.

I've got to see that movie.. Those boys are breathtaking! 

Words are so elusive.  There was a time when 'cute' meant acute or mentally sharp. 

I love silly nonsense too when it involves such 'cute' boys Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print