Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Embrujo, Un (1998) (Read 5,391 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Embrujo, Un (1998)
19. Dec 2001 at 05:26
Print Post  

IMDb:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This is a genuine coming of age story. Set in a small village in Mexico during what appears to be the late 1920s. Eliseo is a sexually curious, resourceful boy of 13 whose father is a hard drinker and resorts to beating his son with a cane. One rainy night he flees from the wrath of his father and takes refuge at the home of his school teacher, a passionate woman who reacts positively to the advances of the boy and they become lovers. Daniel Acuna is a very handsome and talented young actor. Unfortunately he morphs into an adult about half way through the movie..  

It's a good movie, and belongs on any decent boy movie list.....watch for it on TV.  Recommended.

Movie Rating: 7/10
Boy Movie Rating 8/10
« Last Edit: 01. Jul 2008 at 04:16 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Un Embrujo (1998) Mexico
Reply #1 - 23. Dec 2001 at 22:37
Print Post  
I put in a request to be notified when it comes out on video online today, Cal.  Thanks for mentioning it!

(Now I'll have to go look for 'A Handful of Grass', since you spoke so highly of it.)  Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

(Edited by Sir Jacob at 10:42 pm on Dec. 23, 2001)

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Un Embrujo (1998) Mexico
Reply #2 - 19. Oct 2002 at 15:15
Print Post  
What kind of movie is this?????? The description sounds meaningless. Smiley

I saw this a few years ago. I don't remember much about the plot anymore although I do remember Eliseo's promiscuity (doesn't he have a go with the mother of one of his buddies as well as the teacher?). My notes say 6/10 for the movie and 7/10 for the boy content.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print