Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Winner Never Quits, A (1986) (Read 10,357 times)
Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Winner Never Quits, A (1986)
26. Dec 2001 at 22:07
Print Post  

Some might overlook this little movie with Huckleberry Fox in it, if they're not a sports fan and don't like baseball movies.  This is more than that, though.  It's a movie about people mostly, and the person the movie is about is a one-armed baseball player who really played in the Major Leagues in the U.S. in the 1940's (for a long-defunct team named the St. Louis Browns).

Keith Carridine plays the part of Pete Gray, who made history because he played baseball with one arm.  Huckleberry Fox plays a one-armed boy in the movie (an actual person, too) named Nelson Gary, Jr., who Gray reluctantly befriended.  The boy taught Pete Gray how to be a hero, and I thought it was a real good movie that I ran across on cable on Christmas Day.  Huckleberry Fox was beautiful, as always... Smiley

For those who are interested, here is the IMDB link to a list of all of young Huckleberry's movies:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Love,
Sir Jacob

image expired_cal
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:29 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

A Winner Never Quits
Reply #1 - 26. Dec 2001 at 23:12
Print Post  
I don't think I've seen this movie.  Maybe the idea of a one armed boy doesn't appeal to TV programmers.  I'll check the video store next time I'm there to see if I can rent it.

Interestingly this was the last movie Huck made as a kid.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
Ex Member

Hagrid's Helper

A Winner Never Quits
Reply #2 - 27. Dec 2001 at 01:21
Print Post  
Have to see it.  At first I wondered who Huckleberry Fox was, until I read the posts on Misunderstood.  Then I remembered how my jaw was hanging open at the stunning beauty of the OTHER little angel in that movie.

That 'undies' scene was so darn sweet.
edit: that was a brief barebutt scene!  Sheesh, even my memory is getting censored.

(Edited by YoungArthur at 3:41 am on Dec. 27, 2001)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

A Winner Never Quits
Reply #3 - 27. Dec 2001 at 21:53
Print Post  
I found just one copy of the movie by putting in an advanced search at Amazon.com in their Marketplace section, and I bought it!  It's on its way to me now, as is the one copy of 'Konrad' that I was also able to locate.  I'll try to get this vcr hooked up to the Dazzle to do some caps of both when they arrive. Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

A Winner Never Quits
Reply #4 - 28. Dec 2001 at 02:30
Print Post  
cool...   that will be excellent.

I love that Konrad movie...  it is an early form of the A.I. concept.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print