Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Perfect World, A (1993) (Read 4,261 times)
devon
Ex Member

Perfect World, A (1993)
15. May 2002 at 19:39
Print Post  

Just saw "A Perfect World".

Beautiful, suspenseful, powerful.

An escaped convict takes a boy hostage. The man loves the kid, the kid loves the man. Non-sexual. Absolutely beautiful.

Somebody that knows, post the credits. I'm really ignorant of actors.

Watch this movie!
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:53 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

A Perfect World
Reply #1 - 15. May 2002 at 20:30
Print Post  
Devon, this is one of my favourite boy-movies ever. I'm glad you also enjoyed it.

Directed by and starring Clint Eastwood (with Kevin Costner and the amazing T.J. Lowther), this movie turned out to be so much more than the typical cop-chasing-bad-guy thriller it appeared to be on the surface. It was not a big hit when it was first released, but I've recently seen it mentioned by a few critics as one of the most underrated films of the 1990s.

I think it was Huck Finn who complained that this was a thriller and therefore not a boy-movie when he saw it in my top-20 list. I don't know if he saw it, but I really don't understand how anyone could say that about this beautiful film. And I'm not just saying that because T.J. Lowther actually runs around in his briefs for the first half of the film! Underneath the cop-vs-bad-guy surface, A Perfect World is a wonderful portrait of a friendship between a man and a young boy. If this is not a boy movie, I don't know what is.

PS: Boy Acts has a profile, where you can cast your vote. This is the link: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(Edited by josephk at 2:33 am on May 16, 2002)

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

A Perfect World
Reply #2 - 16. May 2002 at 07:48
Print Post  
... oh yes. The first half of the movie has the little boy running around in his skivvies. Just so cute!

The other interesting thing is that Kostner only committed crimes when he was stopping someone from hurting a child. That was a pretty amazing aspect of the movie. He'd put up with a lot of stupidity from people, but let them hurt a child and all hell broke loose.

Wonderful example of a boylover. I kept hoping there would be scenes where the kid and the guy would be cuddling but there wasn't much of that.

Still, a beautiful movie. Incredible.

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

A Perfect World
Reply #3 - 21. May 2002 at 08:14
Print Post  
I watched it again because I had to capture the dialogue in the clothes changing scene.

---

Man: You embarassed cause I might see your pecker

(pause)

Boy: It's ... puny.

Man: Who told you that? (long pause) Let me see.
Go on. I'll shoot you straight.

(the boy pulls down his pants)

Man (matter of factly): Hell no, Phillip. Good size
for a boy your age.

(boy smiles real big, sweet smile)

---

Melt my heart like butter!!!!!!

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Perfect World, A (1993)
Reply #4 - 25. Dec 2013 at 22:03
Print Post  

Smiley I saw again this very good movie this evening. I liked very much the very good and moving play of T.J LOWTHER in part of Philip. My movie rating is 8/10 !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print