Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Edges of the Lord (2001) (Read 6,059 times)
Cal
Ex Member

Edges of the Lord (2001)
09. Jul 2002 at 11:52
Print Post  

I Finally got to see 'Edges of the Lord' which still hasn't been released here in Oz as far as I know. Pretty strange considering how well known Haley became.

It's a very European style film,  which I guess is obvious since it was filmed in Poland (May/June 2000).  I'm not sure why the movie is listed on IMDb as a USA movie...  must be financed from there or something. The only thing that is overtly American is Haley and he does a more than competent job of pretending he is a Pole, and Willem Dafoe is convincing as the village priest.

Plot Outline: A 12-year-old Jewish boy hides with a family of Catholic peasant farmers to escape the Nazis.

Although Haley is fine as the Jewish boy who knows more about Catholicism than the local Catholic kids, it is young English actor, 8 year old Liam Hess who gives the standout performance. There are a couple of other boys in it as well.

I thought the movie was good and it actually got better as it went along. The early part of the film seemed a lot like other films of the genre. The second half kept me watching engrossed and I was disappointed when the movie came to an end.

Warning  Smiley Contains nudity (Liam Hess) and several sexual references and scenes.

Genre: war/jewish persecution/drama
Boy Actors: Haley Joel Osment, Liam Hess, others.
Other Actors: Willem Dafoe
Movie Rating  8/10
Boy Movie Rating  9/10

official site:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:52 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Joe Smith
Ex Member

Edges of the Lord (2001)
Reply #1 - 11. Jul 2002 at 22:45
Print Post  
I'm anxious to see this film.  yours is the 4th good review of it.  personally, I think HJO is one of the more talented boy actors, which I think gets overlooked because of his good looks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print