Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Legend of Bagger Vance, The (2000) (Read 8,012 times)
Hoby
Global Moderator

little technical assistant

Legend of Bagger Vance, The (2000)
20. Jul 2002 at 10:40
Print Post  

well Im no good at this movie review stuff, but just been watching this movie called "legend of Bagger Vance" starring Will Smith as Bagger  and Matt Dameon as Junah.

The story is about junah and finding his game of golf, Bagger comes from nowhere and becomes his caddy. I know a movie about gold sounds boring unless your into it, but this isnt, Bagger is mysterious I would call him a whisperer, I guess other might call him a guide or angel type thing, most of the movies is on a golf course, but hardly any of it is about golf, arleast not if you look deep, there is no big effects, but there is some very good photography and shots.

The movie does have a 10 yo boy in it who tags along with them both and eventually takes Baggers place and becomes junahs caddy, the story is told by him as a old man.

for my hoby out of 10 i would give it 9, its one that you cant stop watching the mysteriousness catches you.

Hoby
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:50 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

a movie
Reply #1 - 20. Jul 2002 at 11:02
Print Post  
Good review Hoby. I've seen that film too and liked it. The actor who plays the boy is called J. Michael Moncrief:

--------------------
image expired
« Last Edit: 06. Feb 2004 at 22:40 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

a movie
Reply #2 - 20. Jul 2002 at 11:11
Print Post  
Thanks, Hoby!  Good review.  I really want to see this one now.  It looked interesting before, but no one told me it had such a cute boy in it!  hehe

Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

a movie
Reply #3 - 21. Jul 2002 at 23:47
Print Post  
Last night I watched the final round of the greatest golf tournament in the world ..  'The British Open'.

As the tournament drew to a climax I kept thinking of Bagger Vance.  South African Ernie Els was in the lead and approaching the last few holes things started to go wrong for him and three other guys caught up to him, two aussies, Stuart Appleby and Steve Elkington and a frenchman who name escapes me.

The four guys finally had to go into a four man playoff which was fascinating to watch as these great golfers started landing balls in bunkers and long grass.   I kept thinking of Bagger Vance and what he would say to them as the four men were fighting it out for the most glorious moment of their careers, a chance to become part of history.

At the end it was the South African who managed to fight off his demons and sink the winning putt.  What a drama it was and what elation for a guy who had been so close to winning the previous two years.

Incidently, it is interesting to note that in the time period of Bagger Vance, black americans were not allowed to play in the tournaments..  how times have changed, especially now that the greatest golfer of all time, Tiger Woods, is a black man.  He proved how human he was this week too when he had a shocking third round in the Open and fell out of contention.

Oh and finally, I wonder what silly bugger decided to eliminate 'flag boys' from tournaments,  I'd watch every golf tournament on TV if they were brought back. Especially if they are as cute as J.Michael Moncrief. Something about boys in golf pants that gives me a goosebumpy feeling Cheesy

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Legend of Bagger Vance
Reply #4 - 22. Jul 2002 at 02:06
Print Post  
:biggrin:

<i>Something about boys in golf pants that gives me a goosebumpy feeling.</i>

Yeah. I agree with that. Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Legend of Bagger Vance
Reply #5 - 04. Aug 2002 at 22:19
Print Post  
I finally saw it today, and thought it was very good! The little boy had a major part, too, and there were some nice laughs along the way, along with the mysterious elements that Hoby mentioned.

I gave it an 8 for movie rating, and 8 for boymovie rating, too. Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print