Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic ... First do no harm (1997) (Read 4,331 times)
mbch331
Platinum Member

... First do no harm (1997)
08. May 2003 at 01:22
Print Post  

Robbie Reimuller ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)) is a young boy about 5 years old with epilepsy. Robbie has an agressive form of epilepsy and has to take several medicine for it. Instead of curing, the medicine worsens Robbie's epilepsy. Robbie's mother (Meryl Streep) tries to find another cure since the only alternative is surgery. She then stumbles on an alternative for medicine: a diet. She talks about it to Robbie's doctor, but she is against this treatment. Robbie's mother then decides to take Robbie to Baltimore to let hem undergo the diet.
Great movie with great performance by Seth Adkins as Robbie.
The movie stars several epilepsy patients who followed the diet and are "cured" from their epilepsy. They don't star as epilepsy patients but in other roles. The doctor who explains the diet is a real doctor who in her normal life explains the diet to others.
Other actors:
Fred Ward - dad
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) - Mark Reimuller

« Last Edit: 03. Jul 2008 at 23:51 by Zabladowski »  
IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

... First do no harm (1997) (TV)
Reply #1 - 08. May 2003 at 07:45
Print Post  
I've seen Seth in several roles but not the above movie. He's definitely one of the more talented young actors with genuine acting talent.

The best performance I've seen him give is in the movie "When Andrew Came Home".  The movie itself is pretty reasonable but it's Seth's performance which makes it quite memorable.   I'd recommend the movie on the strength of his performance.

IP Logged

pyjamaboy
Ex Member

... First do no harm (1997) (TV)
Reply #2 - 08. May 2003 at 17:10
Print Post  
Both "First Do No Harm" and "When Andrew Came Home" are available on R2 DVD and luckily i own them both.  Check it out at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print