Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic For the Love of Willadean (1964) (Read 2,739 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

For the Love of Willadean (1964)
16. Jul 2003 at 00:47
Print Post  

16 caps uploaded to gallery

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I rediscovered this little gem of a movie on Cable TV. I remember seeing it many years ago when I was a kid. It deserves a DVD release because it is one of the  best Disney movies of the era.

Two brothers, played by Michael McGreevey and Billy Mumy, are aloft in their treehouse when they spot a new boy (Roger Mobley) in the neighbourhood. He's moved with his family from the big city to what appears to be a tiny country farming town.

Mobley immediately spots the pretty Willadean sitting on her front verandah and strolls along the street pitching stones in an obvious display to attract her attention.

McGreevey and Mumy are watching from their treehouse and are immediately irritated by the new boy's slickness and obvious good looks..  "Sissy city boy."

McGreevy is keen on Willadean, so he sees Mobley as a rival and so begins a series of events from rock fights to stealing Mr Willis's prize seed melon and eventually to a 'haunted house' where they find a hidden stash of loot.

There are no fancy special effects or big budget sets, no explosions or murders; just a nicely balanced well directed little movie that many people will enjoy today.

Roger Mobley is strikingly handsome, and Mumy is particularly cute.  Highly recommended.

« Last Edit: 06. Jul 2008 at 04:41 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

For the love of Willadean (1964)
Reply #1 - 16. Jul 2003 at 02:03
Print Post  
I can't believe I don't remember this one at all. I should. I thought I'd seen all of the Disney movies from my childhood. My parents must have made me pull weeds in the yard when this one was on. :erm:

Thanks for mentioning it, Cal. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print