Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Legend of Cryin' Ryan, The (1998) (Read 4,293 times)
socksoles
Silver Member

Legend of Cryin' Ryan, The (1998)
18. Oct 2003 at 06:47
Print Post  

Sometimes there are young actors whose movies for some reason stay in your mind. For me Harrison Myers is one of those actors although the movies of him that I watched (Mom’s Outta Sight and Dear Santa) are not really that special and normal kid movies. Yet I really wanted to watch the first movie that he was in according to ImdB: The Legend of Cryin’ Ryan ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)). After a long search I found a site where this movie can be bought on VHS and today I had the time to finally watch the movie. I must say that it was the best and most interesting of Harrison’s movies.

The Legend of Cryin’ Ryan is about a young girl named Kris who gets caught playing hide and seek in the cemetery by Mr. Collins, the superstitious caretaker. While running from Mr. Collins, she accidentally trips and knocks over the tombstone of the legendary town bully, Cryin' Ryan Greene. Mr Collins tells Kris that by knocking over Ryan's tombstone she has set the spirit free and must now find it and put it back or suffer the same fate as the murdered boy did over forty years ago. When Ryan's ghost comes to her for help, Kris investigates his death and unravels the mystery with the help of her friend Kevin. She then sets out to vindicate Ryan and in the process, saves another friend, Billy from a similar fate.

The movie, written and directed by Deanne Shapiro, is a low budget movie and used a largely unknown cast. But they all did a great job and made not just an entertaining movie but also an intriguing one. And at times a serious one as the story gently probes the issue of child abuse.

Good performances by Andi Eystad (Kris), Michael Heidemann (Ryan) and Harrison Myers (Kevin).  But don’t watch it if you just want to enjoy and relax yourself.

The VHS movie can be obtained though the production company itself: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) I must say it was really worth it!

As for Harrison: too bad he didn’t make any more movies after 1998.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

‘soles’ :cwm39:
« Last Edit: 08. Jul 2008 at 05:17 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: The Legend of Cryin' Ryan (USA, 1998)
Reply #1 - 19. Oct 2003 at 00:45
Print Post  
soles...

Gosh..  in the top pic he looks a lot like Noah Hathaway.

How old was Harrison Myers in those movies?  I've not heard of him until now. Thanks for the info. Interesting that his three movies were all released in 1998.

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Reply #2 - 19. Oct 2003 at 04:40
Print Post  
Cal,

I'm afraid I have no clue. There is no more information on Harrison on the web. All I know is that Cryin' Ryan was his first movie. Also his brother Maxwell played a small part in the movie and a Roz Myers is listed as one of the actors too. It could be his mum..... For all three it was their first movie.

After that Harrison starred in Mom's outta Sight which had a small part for Maxwell as well (see picture). And then Dear Santa was made.

After that no more movies. Will he have lost his interest in making movies? Focussed on school? Or wasn't he asked anymore? I have no clue....

'soles'

BTW The second picture from the original post shows Michael Heidemann as Ryan.

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 19. Oct 2003 at 08:04
Print Post  
I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but there is a trailer available for download at the cited URL. It focuses more on the girl's role than boys' roles, but still it's worthwhile if you have broadband access.

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Reply #4 - 17. Aug 2004 at 04:06
Print Post  
Finally a wider DVD release is announced for this movie!  Smiley

DVD R1 will be released on 5 October and can be obtained separately or as a 2-disc box including the movie 'In the shadows' ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)).

Best buy through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

'soles' :cwm39:

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #5 - 17. Aug 2004 at 13:54
Print Post  
Hey, thanks 'soles.  I'd forgotten that this was one that I was going to look for, but I'm glad I waited for the dvd now.  Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print