Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Interrogation of Michael Crowe, The (2000) (Read 2,762 times)
Boydreamer
Ex Member

Interrogation of Michael Crowe, The (2000)
17. Dec 2003 at 01:44
Print Post  

The Interrogation of Michael Crowe is one of the best TV movies I've seen in a long time. Based on real events, it tells the story of a boy (Mark Rendall) who is wrongfully accused of killing his sister, Stephanie. Stephanie had been stabbed to death in her bed and police believe the killer must have been someone in the family. Michael said he passed Stephanie's room twice that night but did not see anything unusual. Police are convinced that Michael is the killer and focus completely on him. The interrogators lie to him in order to get a confession. They tell him they found a bloody knife in his room and some of his hair clutched in Stephanie's hand. But, none of this was true. Michael is led to believe that he really did kill Stephanie but doesn't remember it. After three days he confesses to the unthinkable and implicates his two friends as well. Meanwhile, his parents are unaware that Michael was being interrogated. They were told he was being looked after somewhere else. Michael is charged with murder, and as a result, misses his sister's funeral. Several months later, bail is posted and Michael goes home until the trial begins. By this time there is another suspect. A dishevelled transient had been seen going from door to door on the night of the murder, looking for his girlfriend. He was taken into custody the following day but released. His shirt was still in police hands and Michael's lawyer tests it for blood. She returns to the Crowe house and tells Micheal's mother (Ally Sheedy) that the blood could not have come from anybody that ever lived except Stephanie Crowe. Eventually, the three boys are aquitted and the transient, Richard Tuite, is charged with Stephanie's murder. Tuite snuck into the house armed with a knife, killed the helpless girl as she slept and snuck out without disturbing anyone. At the time the movie was released (2002) Tuite was awaiting trial.
« Last Edit: 07. Jul 2008 at 06:05 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: The Interrogation of Michael Crowe
Reply #1 - 17. Dec 2003 at 21:08
Print Post  
Boydreamer,

I agree....  it's a very good movie.

I think your review belongs in the Reviews Forum,  I'll move the thread over there unless you have an objection.   I can also link to your thread from the movie's profile page.

IP Logged

Boydreamer
Ex Member

Re: The Interrogation of Michael Crowe
Reply #2 - 19. Dec 2003 at 00:40
Print Post  
Sure, you can move it if you want. I forgot about the review board. I just have always posted on the General board cause you can talk about all sorts of boy stuff. You can also put that link on the profile page. I'd be honored to have it there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print