Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Little Brother (Read 5,774 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Little Brother
02. Aug 2005 at 12:10
Print Post  
Looks interesting:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I'm not sure of the boy actors name.

Synopsis
A warm and touching drama about nine-year-old Hani, a brat who causes all sorts of problems wherever he goes. Hani believes that his dad, mom and brother are all under his control. Suddenly, when he learns that his older brother is ill, everything changes and he faces his most challenging task ever. Hani¡'s brother, Han-byul is diagnosed with cancer and has an operation. Some conflicts ensue between Hani and Han-byul¡'s new friend, Wook, whom he meets at the hospital. Wook has been suffering from leukemia for a long time, but he is a favorite in the hospital because of his abundant humor and positive mind. Finally, Hani solves the complicated matter of his relationship with Wook and starts behaving to save his brother's life. 
« Last Edit: 03. Aug 2005 at 22:49 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Re: Little Brother
Reply #1 - 02. Aug 2005 at 12:20
Print Post  
Thanks for letting us know, it sure looks interesting. 9-yo Hani is played by Park Ji Bin. DVD R3 will be released on 9 September: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

'soles :cwm39:

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 03. Aug 2005 at 23:04
Print Post  
from The Korean Times:

Child Actor Keeps Job Fun

By Kim Tae-jong
Staff Reporter

Almost immediately after the interview started, 10-year-old actor Park Ji-bin seemed to have a problem sitting still. He began to giggle and tried to play jokes on the reporter. And in pauses between conversations, he quickly took out his newest toy, a PlayStation Portable.
Of course, Park’s behavior is what you would expect from a boy around his age, playful and mischievous. But his playfulness was just what was needed in the upcoming film ``Hello & Goodbye My Brother (Annyong Hyonga),’’ as his performance successfully prevents a tragic story from becoming a typical tearjerker.

``My character is exactly like me,’’ Park said smiling during an interview with The Korea Times on Friday. ``I also tease my sister often (as my character does to his brother), and I end up getting hit by her.’’

In the movie, Park plays Chang Han-i, a self-centered boy who has to come to grips with his older brother becoming terminally ill.

After his brother is diagnosed with a brain tumor, the whole family struggles to keep things from falling apart. But young Han-i doesn’t quite understand the seriousness of the situation. And his youthful incomprehension makes the film different from medical reality shows on television although it is based on the real story.

``I really enjoyed starring in the film. It’s like camping for me. The hardest part was only that I couldn’t sleep very much while filming it, though,’’ Park recalled. However, the playful boy looked serious when he talked about when he met people who were hospitalized for cancer.

``While I played the role, I met children who suffered from cancer, and I realized how lucky and happy I am so I thanked God and my mother for me being healthy. Actually all my friends at school don’t think seriously about getting sick as I didn’t before shooting the film.’’

Park made his debut in the entertainment business with the 2001 musical ``Tommy,’’ and thanks to his performance in the successful 2003 popular soap opera ``A Perfect Love (Wanjonhan Sarang)’’ in which he plays a son whose mother dies of cancer, he has showed up in several TV dramas and movies.

``When I was much younger, I wanted to become president of my country. But now I just want to be a successful actor. I think acting is good since I can experience many things that I couldn’t experience if I were not an actor,’’ Park said.

``I usually read a script first, and then prepare for the scene that we will shoot. If the scene requires me to cry since my mother and brother are very sick, I simply imagine as if my real mom or sister were sick. But if it doesn’t work, I just talk with the director,’’ Park said.

As a big fan of movies, Park spends time watching popular films. The most impressive film that he has seen recently is the horror film ``Hide and Seek,’’ starring child actress Dakota Fanning.

``I think she is the greatest child actor in the world,’’ Park said. ``I got really curious about how she was able to make those horror movie expressions. Next time, I really want to star in a horror film. I want to know what it is like.’’

e3dward@koreatimes.co.kr

05-23-2005 19:21

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 07. Dec 2013 at 18:07
Print Post  
Smiley I saw again this very moving coréan movie this afternoon. I liked very much the very good and touching play of Jin-Bin PARK in part of Hani and also this one of Dae-Han SEO in part of Han-Buyl and Woo-Heyok CHOI  in part of Wook. My movie rating is 8/10 !

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #4 - 08. Dec 2013 at 14:07
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print