Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jonathan Brandis (Read 39,754 times)
MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Re: Jonathan Brandis
Reply #15 - 15. Apr 2004 at 10:00
Print Post  
Thank you very much for your kind reply, del bosque. I'm sure there are many, many people who will remember Jon.

As to the views, most of those are from last November, when I first started this thread.  There have been about 12 views on this current part, and only 2 replies, but, as you said, it is probably hard for some  to put into words.

I remember him well in NES2, but my favorite has always been "Sidekicks"....he is older in that, and in my opinion, looking his best.

In the time we spent with him, he wanted to talk mostly about us, what work we did, where we lived, ect, and very little about himself.  I did mention "Sidekicks" to him, and he lit up, and said how great it was to be able to work with Chuck Norris. Jon was a very nice young man, not like so many others, with their "star attitudes".  Even though I never had any contact with him at all after that one time, he made a great impression on me, and it is hard for me to believe he is really gone. What a tragic end to a beautiful soul.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #16 - 15. Apr 2004 at 17:47
Print Post  
Very few days go by when I don't think of Jon.  He was totally unknown to me when I saw him play Billy Denbrough in ABC's version of King's 'IT'.  He is my finest memory of that production.

IP Logged

boy55
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #17 - 16. Apr 2004 at 01:46
Print Post  
Shocked I shock and hear that; EmbarrassedI am sorry for happened!! EmbarrassedVery nice his pictures; SmileyThank for sharing!! Wink

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #18 - 19. Apr 2004 at 17:02
Print Post  
Quote:
Shocked I shock and hear that; EmbarrassedI am sorry for happened!! EmbarrassedVery nice his pictures; SmileyThank for sharing!! Wink

Thanks very much, boy55.

I will share with you my favorite Jon pic...

Thanks to Cal for this great picture.

« Last Edit: 07. May 2008 at 00:10 by MikeZ »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) BRANDIS777.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

LostBoy80

BA Member

Reply #19 - 21. Apr 2004 at 10:18
Print Post  
This is my first post, and it's perfect that it should be about Jonathan Brandis Smiley Cry. I'll keep this brief, by saying first I think he was an awesome actor. I'm around his age and I've been a fan of his since "The Never Ending Story". I was so shocked when I heard that he had passed, and even more so when I read why Cry.  It' so sad. I can't imagine life being that bad.  He is and will be missed  Sad

R I P Jonathan B

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

« Last Edit: 07. May 2008 at 17:49 by Quantum »  

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #20 - 21. Apr 2004 at 11:05
Print Post  
Thanks very much for your post, LostBoy80, and welcome to the board.

Jon was the type person that anybody would love to have as a friend.  I will always treasure that short time I was able to spend with him.

As to what was on his mind, I don't think we will ever know.  Whatever it was, it must have been unbareable to him.  It is so sad that nobody noticed, at least enough to help him.  He did spend some time with his parents only a few days earlier, and they said he was very quiet, and didn't seem to want to talk at all.  I'm sure that if he had asked for help, his loved ones would have done whatever was necessary.

His pain is over now, and he is in a better place.

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #21 - 18. Nov 2004 at 16:45
Print Post  
It's really a shame that nobody remembered, or took the time to post a rememberance for Jon, on the day of his passing.

That beautiful young man deserves much better than that.

Whatever terrible problems he had in life, he will NOT be forgotten in death, at least not as long I'm around.

IP Logged

scace

BA Member

Reply #22 - 03. Sep 2007 at 10:52
Print Post  
It is exceedingly sad that after almost four years, there has been so little official or unofficial insight into why this terrible action took place.  There will be no peace for those of us who continue to feel the loss of this tremendous, beautiful energy.  We still morn.

IP Logged

MikeZ

What?

Reply #23 - 03. Sep 2007 at 13:17
Print Post  
Welcome to the board, scace!

I agree, very sad indeed, but after this period of time, I doubt we will ever know what Jon's demons were.

I really hope his soul is at peace now.

IP Logged

Gatekeeper
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 07. May 2008 at 14:39
Print Post  
Even now, after all this time, when I think of how Jonathan's life ended I feel sad and tears well up.  He brought me so much joy watching him in his various roles.  It is so difficult for me to understand how he could have gotten to the point of taking his own life.  I prefer to remember his smile (a truly great one) and the energy he seemed to have in life.  I miss him and hope he is at peace.   Cry

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #25 - 07. May 2008 at 16:53
Print Post  
I feel exactly the same, Gatekeeper, but I don't think we will ever know why he decided to leave us.  After all this time, there have been no mentions of any notes left, or any phone calls to friends.

Whatever reason it was, must have been personal, and he just chose not to offer any explanation.

You are very correct in that we need to focus on the happy times, and enjoy the great talent he shared with all his fans, and remember him fondly for that.

Thanks for the post!

IP Logged

Brianx
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 14. Jun 2008 at 20:22
Print Post  
It is always sad to hear of these wonderful boy actors dying so young. I remember Jon in 'IT' and now he's gone just like the excellent Brad Renfro earlier this year. On the other hand, it is really interesting to know that members such as 'MikeZ' actually met Jonathan.  Smiley

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #27 - 22. Jun 2008 at 02:34
Print Post  
Quote:
It is always sad to hear of these wonderful boy actors dying so young. I remember Jon in 'IT' and now he's gone just like the excellent Brad Renfro earlier this year. On the other hand, it is really interesting to know that members such as 'MikeZ' actually met Jonathan.  Smiley

Thanks for the kind words, Brianx, and for helping keep this thread alive.

You are correct in that way too many of the young actors are leaving us way too soon.

In Brad's case, he just made some terrible mistakes, what a great future he could have had!  On the other hand, Jon's death was at his own wish, a wish we will never know, and never understand.

Everytime I visit IMDB to check on some actor I've just seen in a movie or on TV, I'm almost afraid to look at the listing, to find a notice of another death.

A few weeks ago, on a Sunday, I was in St. Pete, not too far from The Pier, and I pulled up in the parking lot.  I didn't go in, buit just sat there for about 30 minutes, thinking of the happy time my friends and I had shared there with Jon. This time it was not a sad feeling, just good memories of a wonderful night with a new friend.

I had posted before about the time River Phoenix was coming to a local teen club here in Tampa.   Several of my friends were going,  but for some reason I don't know, I begged off, and said I would go the next time, he visited here often.  River was dead just a few days later.

If anyone has a chance to spend even a moment with someone they really care about, be sure, be very sure to take that time.   There may never be another chance. I've learned that the hard way.

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #28 - 14. Nov 2008 at 21:53
Print Post  
This is the original pic that was lost, hopefully it can be put back in the message where it was:

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #29 - 14. Nov 2008 at 22:19
Print Post  
And, Jon' s apartment.  Can't say for sure, but it is very possible the car sitting in front, just may be his.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Print