Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic am see (at the lake) (Read 5,788 times)
drewski
Bronze Member

BA Member

am see (at the lake)
12. Jun 2006 at 18:58
Print Post  
I came across an interesting looking short film called "Am See" (2001, aka, "At the Lake") while searching at moviekids.com. The film features Simon Engelke. I googled around a bit and wasn't able to find anything of any interest other than that the film is called "Nad Jeziorem" in some other language. Anyone have any info on the film or the featured actor?

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: am see (at the lake)
Reply #1 - 12. Jun 2006 at 22:09
Print Post  
Some info available at

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

drewski
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 12. Jun 2006 at 23:49
Print Post  
Thanks Zabladowski. I came across that page when I was googling around. There were a few others with similar information including one at imdb.com, but I couldn't find any information on how to rent or view the film. That's kind of the frustration with a lot of shorts... how does one actually see them?

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

Reply #3 - 13. Jun 2006 at 05:25
Print Post  
Good point, Drewski.

It's a huge disappointment to know that a good short film is 'out there', but seems unable to obtain and/or view.

If the same director has feature-length films on dvd, you will occasionally find some of their shorts as extras.

But even for some of the most talented short-film makers in history, (i.e. Stan Brakhage), only a small percentage of their works are available to the public.

It would be nice to see more websites such as Atom, that display these shorts with just one small advertisement before the pic begins. 

The website would profit, the film producers would profit, and we'd profit with an extra minute to run to the frigo before it starts.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #4 - 13. Jun 2006 at 21:45
Print Post  
Drewski,

Most of the shorts I get to are in film festivals. Occasionally IFC or the Sundance Channel will show short films as well. Nicolas is also correct that a few show up on DVD compilations. A few are available online as well if you look hard enough.

There is no one easy way to find short films of interest. It's too bad because there are a good number of excellent short films waiting to be seen.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print