Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Bridge to Terabithia (2007) (Read 3,236 times)
gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
19. Feb 2007 at 10:31
Print Post  

This book is my fave book of all time so i was both excited an upet that. they made a movie of it. however iI think the did a good job. both josh and annasophia do great in the roles a  jesse and lesile. buy the way if you have seen the trailers it makes it look like a fantasy it is not.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 04. Jul 2008 at 17:08 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

AH382
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Bridge to Terabithia
Reply #1 - 19. Feb 2007 at 12:14
Print Post  

Cool, maybe I can see that movie someday.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
Reply #2 - 26. May 2009 at 23:31
Print Post  
Hell, this is supposed to be a reviews page? Blimey! Wink

Anyway, I finally came around seeing this tonight, and it was a highlight. I hadn't really done any research but kinda expected a sort of Narnian "let's jump into the wardrobe and enter a fantasy world" approach. However, it was WAY different and WAY better than that. I yet have to settle my thoughts, because the amount of information gained from the Making-Of and from the interviews with the novel's author and the rest of the extra stuff on the DVD was almost too much to absorb at once.

First, I wasn't aware of this being such a popular and famous children's story. This adds a very special edge to it in the first place, for novel adaptations follow certain rules and require very intense spadework.

The strongest themes for me are obviously friendship and the power of imagination. Having been a very imaginative child myself who spent most of his time buried in books and exploring fantasy worlds, and having written fantasy stories myself, I was absolutely mesmerized by the way this story cherished, transformed and portrayed the imaginative mind of these two kids. Now add this to the genuine portrayal of two outcasts who live in different but similarly lonely enviroments both at home and at school, and the power of imagination and the positive energy exuding from this friendship becomes inspiring and anything but perfunctory. The two young actors (btw. Anna-Sophia is probably the most handsome and lovely young actress I've ever seen) interact with incredible dignity and skill. Their friendship is the main anchor of the story, and the tragedy that ensues makes the entire experience even more valuable and instructive. It thus becomes a perfect medley of fantasy, tragedy and genuine issues of growing up, being and accepting yourself and living your dreams.

I am tempted to give it 10 stars indeed.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
Reply #3 - 28. May 2009 at 07:25
Print Post  
I actually saw this film at the cinema, which is a rarity for me these days. I thought it was entertaining and quite well done. It was the first time I'd seen AnnaSophia Robb, and she impressed me a lot, she has that x factor. Josh Hutcherson was passable but seemed a little old for the age he was supposed to be playing. For some reason he has never appealed to me all that much, the same feeling applies to other successful boy actors such as Cameron Bright, Trevor Morgan, Daryl Sabara, and others... good enough actors but no x factor.

Anyway, back to the movie, entertaining, but I wouldn't want to own it or watch it again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print