Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 2007 Favorites (Read 37,543 times)
YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Re: 2007 Favorites
Reply #15 - 18. Aug 2008 at 20:21
Print Post  
"For Young Arthur's benefit, I have continued to note which of these films are carried by Netflix."

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Zab. Sorry to be so late in acknowledging; I seem to have lost heart for internet communication these days, for a number of uninteresting reasons.

A big portion of your Netflix earmarks I have seen or have in my queue. I do think I will give 'Juno' a miss, though. My favorites of those I have seen are 'The Kite Runner' and 'Dorm'. Both superb and very moving. I also have to mention 'Neverwas', actually released in 2005 but my very favorite of movies I first viewed in 2007. The movie went straight to my heart. It was a virtual straight-to-video movie. Ryan Drescher appears several times in flashback sequences. Very beautiful kid, but didn't really get much of a chance to do any challenging acting.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: 2007 Favorites
Reply #16 - 27. Aug 2008 at 04:17
Print Post  
It's good to see you chime in, YA.

When your regain your heart, email me or IM or PM or whatever you prefer.  Smiley

You will like Juno most if you appreciate snappy repartee. Ellen Page really deserved her academy award nomination. It also has limited "alumnus" appeal (Michael Cera, Jason Bateman). Definitely not a boy movie though.

As you know, I had issues with the ending of Neverwas, but agree wholeheartedly with your assesment of Ryan Drescher. I just saw him again last week in the third Sandlot movie, he isn't given much to work with in that movie either, but it was good to see him again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print