Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Does anybody know what happened to Moviekids.org? (Read 23,531 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Does anybody know what happened to Moviekids.org?
08. Aug 2011 at 20:01
Print Post  
It's been down for a while. Is it just temporary or is it gone for good? I hope it's coming back. That was an amazing resource.

IP Logged

sandman_21
Ex Member

Re: Does anybody know what happened to Moviekids.org?
Reply #1 - 09. Aug 2011 at 00:12
Print Post  
only name is change.address is:moviekids.tv

IP Logged

Captkirk
Silver Member

Reply #2 - 09. Aug 2011 at 12:45
Print Post  
Sorry folks, due the CinemaHenry's health deteriorating and losing contact with us - we were forced to change URL and servers.
So we are at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) now.

Look forward to seeing you there Smiley
Regards,
Cap`tkirk

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 09. Aug 2011 at 17:12
Print Post  
Thanks. I will update my bookmarks.

PS: You might want to update your signature, btw. Smiley

IP Logged

Captkirk
Silver Member

Reply #4 - 09. Aug 2011 at 17:49
Print Post  
Oops, well spotted Josephk Wink

Thanks Smiley
Regards,
Cap`tkirk

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 13. Aug 2011 at 20:22
Print Post  
'www. moviekids'? What's that? Gentlemen and fellow cinema boy actor enthusiasts, might I add that while we are worrying about 'moviekids' we perhaps ought to be worrying about 'WWW.BOY ACTORS.COM' as well!! I have noticed a marked lack of contributions here whereby weeks can go past with no posts at all.
Now, before anyone asks why I don't post more, I am in the frustrating position of having to use a little dial-up system which is soooo ancient I can't even post pictures with it. Were I able to do so I know I would be posting lots of boy actor pics.
I know there must be new releases coming out which do not seem to get mentioned or reviewed on BA. Things need tightening up here. There is no excuse 'cos all you members have the latest laptops and fangdangle appliances to post LOTS of pics and that. So, c'mon chaps, get POSTING! Wink

ADDENDUM: Whaaaat? I've just accessed the moviekids address and Tom Chapin, of all people, is on the header. A site that can highlight a boy actor of such relative obscurity MUST be worth joining. I can't recollect anyone on BA even mentioning 'Moviekids'! No one has even informed poor Cinefan of it's hidden existence. Well, really! Captkirk, whose name is mentioned on Moviekids, is therefore relegated to the neck-cricking cheap seats down the front and demoted to sub-lieutenant fifth class. Wink

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #6 - 13. Aug 2011 at 23:59
Print Post  
Look at the top of the page. In the menu, there is an item called "Links". Moviekids (and other fine sites) has always been listed there.

As for contributions here, I feel like that's been discussed to death already. There's just not enough traffic or interest anymore. There's not enough of us visiting this site on a regular basis to keep discussions going.

People like Cal, Hosenhaus, Zab, YoungArthur and myself, who have been posting here for years.... Most of us are still around, but either busy with other things or losing interest. New members hardly ever show up. When they do, they probably look around and see that there's not much activity, and don't bother to come back.

Personally, I've accepted that the main attraction of this website is now the database. It's still my favourite boy actor resource on the internet. Great for research, awesome galleries without any watermarks (for the most part) and a useful rating system that allows me to keep track of the movies I see. I still use the database on an almost daily basis.

But for lively discussions about boy actors, I'm afraid this place is never going to go back to its glory days when we had dozens of regular contributors and not a day would go by without several new posts and replies and contributions.

For fast-paced discussions, you can go to boysonyourscreen.org. The tone is different than here, more overtly sexualized, and there's also a wider range of interest in teenagers and even sometimes young adults (especially former boy actors or entertainers). Lots of posts about Justin Bieber and whatever. None of which really appeals to me very much, but in the midst of it all there are some fabulous pictures getting posted every single day by a lively and dynamic community.

In order to achieve that here, we'd have to do some promotion on other websites. We'd probably also have to be less uptight about what kinds of discussions and comments we allow. But the philosophy has always been that this forum should be "G-rated" and respectful of boy actors, so that people who are not boy lovers are not too creeped out by the idea of a bunch of middle-aged men discussing their favourite boy actors on a website. Maybe that was kind of a foolish ambition. I don't know.

Sorry for rambling. The bottom line is I don't know what the solution is and therefore I'm not going to continue complaining about it. I've just accepted that it's a slow forum, while I continue to enjoy the awesome database. If we lost the database, I'd be extremely sad.

IP Logged

zhizhi
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 04. Sep 2011 at 16:56
Print Post  
I'm guilty of not posting enough. Although I hardly post (compare to the regulars), I still regard this site to be one of my favorite boy actor sites on-line. Yes, it is sometimes discouraging to post something and then get very few replies. And if we all contribute more, certainly it will create more traffic and replies.

Twitter and facebook have become the main venues for discussion. Message board may never see its glory days again. However, where else can we go to find a group of  film buffs interested in boy actors?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print