Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) guess who (Read 9,275 times)
bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Re: guess who
Reply #15 - 11. Dec 2014 at 23:29
Print Post  
Ethan Wayne
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I saw him up on a fifty foot drive-in screen in Cinemascope
along with his dad.

It was was larger than life.

I've stood in his dad's foot prints in cement outside of Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 12. Dec 2014 at 02:19
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 11. Dec 2014 at 23:29:
I saw him up on a fifty foot drive-in screen in Cinemascope
along with his dad.

It was was larger than life.

I've stood in his dad's foot prints in cement outside of Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

John was around 50 years old when Ethan was born, old enough to be his Grandfather.

I bet it was awesome seeing him and John  in such a format! I used to have a pic of john and Ethan, E was about 6 or 7, it was on set of one John's Cavalry movies, it was before E appeared in Rio Grande and Big Jake. out of all the Wayne brothers, I think Ethan and Patrick look the most like John! It was rumored that when Ethan was cast as the Grandson in Big Jake, That it was kept a secret from John, and he didn't know who was playing Jake's Grandson until the hood was pulled off E's head in the latter scenes of the movie, but I don't know how much truth there is to this! and, it seems to stand to reason, because John gets a kinda surprised look on his face when sees who he is! Bowser, do you know if there is any truth to this? Smiley

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #17 - 12. Dec 2014 at 09:40
Print Post  
Quote:
It was rumored that when Ethan was cast as the Grandson in Big Jake, That it was kept a secret from John, and he didn't know who was playing Jake's Grandson until the hood was pulled off E's head in the latter scenes of the movie, but I don't know how much truth there is to this! and, it seems to stand to reason, because John gets a kinda surprised look on his face when sees who he is! Bowser, do you know if there is any truth to this? Smiley

I don't know.  That's very interesting.  I will have to ask around. 

I do know that Ethan was on the set during the filming of the movie and
John Wayne knew he was there, but it is possible that he didn't know that Ethan was playing the part.

An early photo of Ethan Wayne with his legendary father

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 12. Dec 2014 at 17:53
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 12. Dec 2014 at 09:40:
I don't know.  That's very interesting.  I will have to ask around. 

I do know that Ethan was on the set during the filming of the movie and
John Wayne knew he was there, but it is possible that he didn't know that Ethan was playing the part.

Thanks B, it was THIS photo that I had years ago, I just copied it to my PC. I lost the one I had on the PC I lost in the fire when my Mobile Home burned down. I was thinking John was wearing Cavalry Costume, this is the attire he wore most or all of his Westerns!

A Reporter for News Media once asked John Wayne, (while on John's Wyoming Ranch) "Are those Indians Friendly?" referring to the Native Americans living in Tee Pees on Wayne's property, John answered "They better be, or they won't get to be in anymore of my movies!"

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #19 - 12. Dec 2014 at 23:11
Print Post  
Another great photo of Ethan

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 13. Dec 2014 at 14:29
Print Post  
Thanks again B! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print