Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) B.O.Y.A.C.T.O.R. (Read 12,797 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Re: B.O.Y.A.C.T.O.R.
Reply #15 - 06. Aug 2017 at 04:26
Print Post  
I'll take Barret Oliver over Noah Hathaway any day. I think he's much cuter and his character was my favourite in Neverending Story. I think it's because I identified with him more than Atreyu.

I'm not sure I understood the question that started this thread, but here's what that acronym B.O.Y.A.C.T.O.R. would mean for me:

Beauty
Otherness
Youth
Affection
Curiosity
Timelessness
Obsession
Redemption

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #16 - 06. Aug 2017 at 06:39
Print Post  
Well said! Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #17 - 06. Aug 2017 at 06:56
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 06. Aug 2017 at 04:26:
I'll take Barret Oliver over Noah Hathaway any day. I think he's much cuter and his character was my favourite in Neverending Story. I think it's because I identified with him more than Atreyu.

I'm not sure I understood the question that started this thread, but here's what that acronym B.O.Y.A.C.T.O.R. would mean for me:

I always identified with Bastian more too, I was bullied a lot in primary, but I like both boys equally, but same as you, if I had to choose, I'd have to go with Barret, I watched Noah in Battlestar Gallactica, years before the NES movie was made. So he was already a fave, I was searching for a show to watch one evening after I got home from work, way back in 1987, I found this movie as it was starting, by pure chance, by the end of the film, I was in total awe of Noah and Barret, but at first I didn't know that Atreyu was Noah Hathaway! in fact, when Atreyu first appeared on screen, by climbing the steps, I first thought he was a girl!, then of course it didn't take long before I was releaved that he was 100% B.O.Y.! Cheesy Grin

As for your interpretation of the acronym, you were right on target, that was what I meant, to define what they mean to you by defining the acronym! Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #18 - 06. Aug 2017 at 19:07
Print Post  
I think we can all agree with you, 'josephk', and your interpretation of the acronym. For myself, in 'The Neverending Story' I preferred Noah's character. I like proud warrior boys like Atreyu who fight against all the odds and win through in the end but that, of course, does not detract from beautiful Barret's portrayal of Bastion.    Smiley

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #19 - 14. Aug 2017 at 21:17
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 06. Aug 2017 at 04:26:

Beauty
Otherness
Youth
Affection
Curiosity
Timelessness
Obsession
Redemption

That's great!  Wish I had thought of it!

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print