Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) William Miller in Oliver Twist! (Read 13,942 times)
Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

William Miller in Oliver Twist!
27. Aug 2014 at 14:01
Print Post  
I just received this from Netflix! can't wait to see it! Grin

I also received Outlander on BluRay! Cheesy

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: William Miller in Oliver Twist!
Reply #1 - 27. Aug 2014 at 14:37
Print Post  
Smiley I have the DVD which I have seen several times. William MILLER have a very good play in part of Oliver. Very good TV movie !

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 28. Aug 2014 at 08:25
Print Post  
Nérodiaman wrote on 27. Aug 2014 at 14:37:
I have the DVD which I have seen several times. William MILLER have a very good play in part of Oliver. Very good TV movie !

Thank you Nérodiaman, I am looking forward to seeing this movie! Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 29. Aug 2014 at 21:01
Print Post  
I shall look forward to your comments, 'Boymoviebuff', about William Miller in 'Oliver Twist'. I also have the DVD and it's almost three hours long so plenty to enjoy. The only odd casting, I thought, was Sophie Okenedo as Nancy. I'm sure Dickens didn't envisage his character as coming from Africa and, allowing for the time of the story and Bill Sikes's disposition, I doubt if a black girl would have been to his liking.
You should enjoy 'Outlander' as it's one of those films best to roll along with and not get too critical about. Look out for Bailey Maughan playing Eric who has quite a few scenes.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #4 - 29. Aug 2014 at 22:10
Print Post  
Thanks to Boymoviebuff and Cinefan for mentioning Outlander and arousing my curiosity. I added the movie to my Netflix queue.
And I recently bought a blu-ray player.  Cool

(That word 'queue' is one that I just can't get comfortable with.  Grin I never use it in conversation. And since it seems to be pronounced simply 'q' can't it simply be spelled 'q'? Okay, on to more important things)

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 30. Aug 2014 at 00:05
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 29. Aug 2014 at 21:01:
I shall look forward to your comments, 'Boymoviebuff', about William Miller in 'Oliver Twist'. I also have the DVD and it's almost three hours long so plenty to enjoy. The only odd casting, I thought, was Sophie Okenedo as Nancy. I'm sure Dickens didn't envisage his character as coming from Africa and, allowing for the time of the story and Bill Sikes's disposition, I doubt if a black girl would have been to his liking.
You should enjoy 'Outlander' as it's one of those films best to roll along with and not get too critical about. Look out for Bailey Maughan playing Eric who has quite a few scenes.

Thanks C! I have just finished watching Oliver Twist and was quite impressed with Miller and Arnold! The behind the scenes was also a treat! It looked like William and Adam became instant best friends on set! I have to agree with you on the fact that Sophie really didn't quite fit in the Nancy roll, But I thought she did and excellent job with it! I've seen, as best I can remember, all of the Oliver Twist productions to date, as far as the movie productions go! I think BBC made a few TV productions of the story over the last few decades, that I've heard about here and there but haven't had a chance to see them! out of all of the adaptions of the Oliver story, my most favorite is the musical with Lester! then the Sam Smith version, and this takes it place as my 3rd fave! but I'll watch any of them at any time!...I'll watch the movie "Outlander " and let you know what I think! Smiley

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 03. Sep 2014 at 07:43
Print Post  
never seen this version of Oliver Twist. this was the one that was a Mini series and added a bunch of new stuff to the plot right?

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03. Sep 2014 at 14:09
Print Post  
YoungArthur wrote on 29. Aug 2014 at 22:10:
(That word 'queue' is one that I just can't get comfortable with.   I never use it in conversation. And since it seems to be pronounced simply 'q' can't it simply be spelled 'q'? Okay, on to more important things)

My feelings exactly! I thought it should be pronounced "qyou", I looked it up on Google to even find out how to say it!

I think you will love the Blu-ray, it had some really great extras on it.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03. Sep 2014 at 14:17
Print Post  
gee wrote on 03. Sep 2014 at 07:43:
never seen this version of Oliver Twist. this was the one that was a Mini series and added a bunch of new stuff to the plot right?

I have never actually read the book, so I don't know which movie version is the closest to it! But I love them all! I always thought that Dickens might be a Boy enthusiast too, because he wrote so many wonderful stories about boys! but it turns out he was basing most of his writings on his own childhood, or at least got his inspiration from it.
I did read his biography online recently, and it stated that the "Oliver and Great Expectations" were based on events in his early life! Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #9 - 05. Sep 2014 at 20:40
Print Post  
What I liked about this version of 'Oliver Twist' was how Oliver was portrayed. I liked when the workhouse governors said God was looking at him all the time and Oliver replied that God was looking at them, too. This Oliver showed intelligence and stuck up for himself. Adam Arnold was also good as the Dodger but where were the BA members to put him on the right road at the end of the film? It implied Dodger was going to end up another Bill Sikes which was a waste of such a nice boy, my dears.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 05. Sep 2014 at 21:29
Print Post  
Smiley This verion of Oliver TWIST with William MILLER is, I think, the best !

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #11 - 08. Sep 2014 at 17:15
Print Post  
Can't wait to see this! 
Thanks!

Cheesy

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #12 - 08. Sep 2014 at 17:18
Print Post  
Quote:
YoungArthur wrote on 29. Aug 2014 at 22:10:
(That word 'queue' is one that I just can't get comfortable with.   I never use it in conversation. And since it seems to be pronounced simply 'q' can't it simply be spelled 'q'? Okay, on to more important things)

My feelings exactly! I thought it should be pronounced "qyou", I looked it up on Google to even find out how to say it!

In some lines of work, we use the word 'que' many times a day

Cheesy

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #13 - 09. Sep 2014 at 01:25
Print Post  
Queue means tail. I rather like it.

For example, in French you might say: "Ce garçon a une belle petite queue."

*___*

Edited to add: I mean if you were talking about a cat boy, of course. Human boys don't have tails.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 09. Sep 2014 at 01:39
Print Post  
I don't get it, why don't they just say LIST!!?? Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print