Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Zertigo Diamond Caper (1982) (Read 3,793 times)
bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

The Zertigo Diamond Caper (1982)
26. Oct 2014 at 12:27
Print Post  
CBS Children's Mystery Theatre: Season 2, Episode 3
The Zertigo Diamond Caper (1982)

Stars Adam Rich as Jeffrey Brenner.

Plot Summary:  The Zertigo Diamond has been stolen from the museum where Jeffery's mother works.
Jeffrey (Adam Rich) must solve the case in order to save his mother's job.

Surprisingly interesting story.  Kept me guessing.  About half way through the film, I thought
I knew whodunit, but I was wrong.  Full of twists and turns.  Highly recommended!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Re: The Zertigo Diamond Caper (1982)
Reply #1 - 26. Oct 2014 at 13:07
Print Post  
Adam Rich was a beautiful boy! unfortunately he ruined his acting career with drugs! I saw him on a kids game show once, he was higher than a kite! it wasn't too long after that he dropped out of sight. Sad He was the only reason I watched "Eight is Enough"! Smiley

A dear friend of mine, who's Surname is Rich, by shear coincidence name her youngest son Adam! it was a surprise to her when I told about the Actor! Smiley

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #2 - 26. Oct 2014 at 13:43
Print Post  
Quote:
Adam Rich was a beautiful boy! unfortunately he ruined his acting career with drugs!

Yes, his drug use terminating his film career was a terrible loss to the film industry.
Adam Rich was very talented.

Cheesy

« Last Edit: 26. Oct 2014 at 14:50 by bowser »  

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 27. Oct 2014 at 10:43
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 26. Oct 2014 at 13:43:
Yes, his drug use terminating his film career was a terrible loss to the film industry.
Adam Rich was very talented.

One of my favorite episodes of EIE was when Dad decided to have some QT with him (his character name escapes me) so he takes him to the YMCA to go swimming, not knowing that the Y had recently went co-ed. they both stripped down (of course the camera only showed them from the knees down Sad ) to there Birthday Suits, and proceeded to the pool room, they opened the door and the next thing you here is very loud screaming! Cheesy

I do know that during the series run of EIE, that Willie Aames was having some problems with drugs, but I don't know if that was when it started for Adam. His Bio at IMDb states that his drug problems started at age 10 with Marijuana.

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #4 - 27. Oct 2014 at 23:22
Print Post  
My favorite EIE episode was

Season 3, Episode 22
The Kid Who Came to Dinner

Original Air Date: Feb 28, 1979

It starred Keith Coogan as 'Bobby' who was an orphan that Nicholas wanted to adopt.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 27. Oct 2014 at 23:59
Print Post  
Yes! Nicholas! Thanks B! and as for Keith Mitchell a.k.a. Keith Coogan (Jackie was his Maternal G-Pa!) I think he could have done a lot more with his career, he did mainly guest appearances on shows like Little House on the Prairie and Fantasy Island, just to name a few. I believe the last thing Keith did as a child actor was "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter is Dead".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print