Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic I Declare War: Gage Munroe, etc. (Read 2,745 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

I Declare War: Gage Munroe, etc.
06. Mar 2015 at 20:21
Print Post  
Just bought the DVD of 'I Declare War' which features a host of great boy actors. Their performances are generally very good but this film badly needed more action and less talking. It also needed to recruit lots more boy extras so that it would look like a real war movie with more and larger battle scenes. The plot was largely spoiled by the leader of one gang, played by Michael Friend, who was little less than a homicidal maniac. It was, therefore, rather obvious who was going to lose the war. Then the plot was further weakened by including a ... girl ... who makes eyes at one of the handsome boys while almost winning the war single handed by simply walking into the other gang's HQ, overcoming a docile boy and walking out with the flag.
'I Declare War' was another rare example of a film in which only child actors appear. On the DVD blurb it is compared to 'Stand By Me' which is an insult to that classic. However, there were plenty of interesting extras on the DVD.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Re: I Declare War: Gage Munroe, etc.
Reply #1 - 06. Mar 2015 at 21:42
Print Post  
I have this on my DVR but haven't watched it yet. I only saw the first few minutes and thought it looked kinda amateurish. But I figured it would be worth recording anyway because of all the boys in it.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 06. Mar 2015 at 22:21
Print Post  
Smiley Gage MUNROE have a very good play in I Déclare War. He have also a very good and moving play in part of George in Christmas with Yucker. Very good boy actor !

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #3 - 06. Mar 2015 at 23:08
Print Post  
I have a copy too but haven't seen it yet

Hope to soon. . .

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1