Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Unbelievable (Read 7,755 times)
Lord Doctor
Gold Member

BA Member

Unbelievable
19. May 2016 at 07:28
Print Post  
I was shocked when I read this....

Unbelievable ....

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Former Disney child star charged over Canada bank robbery

"A former child Disney star has been charged with allegedly holding up and robbing a bank.

Joey Cramer, from Canada, starred as the lead David in Flight of the Navigator in 1986.

Cramer, now 42, is facing charges including robbery, disguise with intent to commit an indictable offence, failing to stop for a peace officer and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. The latter two charges stem from an incident the day after the robbery, when Cramer allegedly fled in a vehicle.

Constable Harrison Mohr from the Sunshine Coast Royal Canadian Mounted Police said: "Despite the fact that a disguise was used during the robbery, the suspect was quickly identified by some of our officers, who had recently dealt with him on an unrelated matter. We hope that the community feels safer now that the suspect has been apprehended."

A man held up the bank last Thursday wearing a wig of shoulder length hair, a bandana and sunglasses and demanded money before fleeing on foot, CBC News reports.

Cramer has not acted in a mainstream production since the 1990s when he also starred in two episodes of Murder She Wrote."

It always gets me and makes me really sad when a former child star sinks so low....

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Unbelievable
Reply #1 - 20. May 2016 at 18:46
Print Post  
Oh dear but thankfully this isn't something that happens very often among our dear boy and ex-boy actors.  Shocked

Thanks for the info, 'Lord Doctor'.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 25. May 2016 at 13:46
Print Post  
Lord Doctor wrote on 19. May 2016 at 07:28:
Former Disney child star charged over Canada bank robbery

"A former child Disney star has been charged with allegedly holding up and robbing a bank.

Joey Cramer
, from Canada, starred as the lead David in Flight of the Navigator
in 1986.

Cramer, now 42, is facing charges including robbery, disguise with intent to commit an indictable offence, failing to stop for a peace officer and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. The latter two charges stem from an incident the day after the robbery, when Cramer allegedly fled in a vehicle.

Constable Harrison Mohr from the Sunshine Coast Royal Canadian Mounted Police said: "Despite the fact that a disguise was used during the robbery, the suspect was quickly identified by some of our officers, who had recently dealt with him on an unrelated matter. We hope that the community feels safer now that the suspect has been apprehended."

A man held up the bank last Thursday wearing a wig of shoulder length hair, a bandana and sunglasses and demanded money before fleeing on foot, CBC News reports.

Cramer has not acted in a mainstream production since the 1990s when he also starred in two episodes of Murder She Wrote."

It always gets me and makes me really sad when a former child star sinks so low.

Unfortunately, he's not the 1st, and most likely WON'T be the last! there's been a lot of former child actors who ended up turning to either drug abuse or crime, Actress Dana Plato of Different Strokes! she turned to drugs, I believe during her run on the show! I remember an issue on that by the Producers! even Gary Coleman had a run in or two with law, that I remember! I've never understood why Hollywood treats kids like they were a prostitute! they use them until they can't get any more out of them, then Hollywood throws them away like trash! I have also wondered if some of these actors had ever tried to get into stage acting! a lot B list actors, as well as A list, use stage acting as a back up for slow times between movies and shows!

And I wonder what has happen to Joey that was so bad, that he resorted to crime! I know he couldn't have made that much money on the few shows and movies he worked on, Hollywood just didn't pay child actors that much! in fact, it wasn't until Kitt Culkin reached the one million dollar mark for Mac, that the salaries for them reached a decent level! The Coogan Act has been in place since the mid 20th century! I think it's time that this law be revised to accommodate former child actors! I feel they should be entitled to a small Royalty for the acting job they worked on! there at least should be a minimum standard of consideration on their future! At least for current child actors!

Thanks for listening to my rants! This happens to be one of my Pet-Peeves! and I appreciate being allowed to stand on my proverbial Soap-Box! Smiley

IP Logged

Atreyu
Bronze Member

Reply #3 - 31. May 2016 at 17:48
Print Post  
Yeah, I read that.  OH dear.   Undecided

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01. Jun 2016 at 14:19
Print Post  
Atreyu wrote on 31. May 2016 at 17:48:
Yeah, I read that.  OH dear.   Undecided

Yeah Bro!
As much as I love movies, and the boys that appear in them, I sometimes can't get past the negative side of Hollywood, I remember seeing a show about former child actors, the Interviewer went to the home of Russell Craig Hamer, aka Rusty Hamer, he starred as Danny Thomas' son on the 1953 classic, Make Room For Daddy, the Interviewer had an appointment with him to talk about his over all career, Apparently Rusty had been destitute for a long time, and after the Interviewer left, Rusty committed suicide, and the show the Interviewer was representing had the audacity to air it on the show!

IP Logged

Atreyu
Bronze Member

Reply #5 - 01. Jun 2016 at 18:19
Print Post  
Just watched Blank check, and I hadn't ever seen that about Brian Bonsall either (back in 2009).  Huh 

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10. Jun 2016 at 09:28
Print Post  
Atreyu wrote on 01. Jun 2016 at 18:19:
Just watched Blank check, and I hadn't ever seen that about Brian Bonsall either (back in 2009).

What happen to him in 2009? I never heard anything! he did to seem to just drop off the radar!

IP Logged

Atreyu
Bronze Member

Reply #7 - 10. Jun 2016 at 16:20
Print Post  
Quote:
Atreyu wrote on 01. Jun 2016 at 18:19:
Just watched Blank check, and I hadn't ever seen that about Brian Bonsall either (back in 2009).

What happen to him in 2009? I never heard anything! he did to seem to just drop off the radar!

DUI, assault on his girlfriend.  I think he violated his parole in 2008 resulting in an arrest warrant.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 15. Jun 2016 at 14:07
Print Post  
Atreyu wrote on 10. Jun 2016 at 16:20:
DUI, assault on his girlfriend.  I think he violated his parole in 2008 resulting in an arrest warrant.

I loved Brian in Blank Check, he was wonderful!
I also loved him in Star Trek Th Next Generation as Alexander, the son of Worf!

I don't know what the head count is on child actors today, but I'd bet it's at least a few million world wide! and at least a few hundred thousand here in the USA! I think maybe there should be a union just for child actors!

That way the child's Rights can more finitely protected.
I see children as a precious commodity, they have to be protected, because the way they're treated today, determines what kind of adult they become tomorrow!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print