Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Stranger Things (Read 13,690 times)
Lord Doctor
Gold Member

BA Member

Stranger Things
18. Jul 2016 at 20:06
Print Post  
This is by far a very successful new series from NetFlix. At the moment it is an eight part series but there is a rumor going around that season two is confirmed and will be aired in the future.
Since I have watched all eight episodes, no I didn't binge watch ... just two at a time, I can say with confident that the way the last episode ended there will be a second season. I just hope it will be as crafty and well executed as the first season.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Boy Actor(s):
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Noah Schnapp as Will Byer
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Finn Wolfhard  as Mike
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Gaten Matarazzo as Dustin
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Caleb McLaughlin as Lucas

Synopsis:
When Will Byer disappears on the way home from playing with his friends Dustin, Lucas, and Mike, the town of Hawkins, Indiana finds itself involved in a mystery.  Where is Will?  As his friends search with the help of a strange girl named Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown), his mother and brother Jonathan begin experience strange events in their search along with Chief Hopper…something has been unleashed from Sadler Lab and Dr. Brenner will do anything to stop it.

Episode Guide:
1.1The Vanishing of Will Byers
After a game of Dungeons & Dragons, Will Byers disappears on his way home in Hawkins, Indiana.  As the police, his mother Joyce, and his brother Jonathan search, Will’s friends Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, and Mike Wheeler decide they have to find their friend.  A restaurant owner named Benny Hammond finds a strange girl who doesn’t seem to know her own name.  A laboratory finds their experiment has escaped….and is dangerous.

1.2The Weirdo on Maple Street
Mike, Dustin, and Lucas have discovered the girl or 011 (nicknamed Elle), but learn that she could be key to finding Will.  As the search for Will increases, Jonathan goes to see his father about the possibility of his involvement in the disappearance while his mother is haunted calls that may or may not be Will.  The discovery of Benny’s body leads to more questions for Chief Jim Hopper as the lab’s search for their missing experiment increases.  A house party attended by Mike’s sister Nancy and her friend Barbara leads to a sexual encounter and another disappearance.

1.3Holly, Jolly
Barbara has disappeared and only Nancy knows it.  Joyce begins to realize she can communicate with Will through lights…but communicating with Will could be dangerous for Joyce.  Eleven tries to adjust to her new reality and remembers her past.  Nancy learns about Jonathan’s feelings for her, but Jonathan finds himself attacked by her boyfriend Steve Harrington and his friends.  The search for Will could meet a deadly end for Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and Eleven could be at a deadly end.

1.4The Body
Will’s body has been found, but Joyce refuses to accept that it is him.  Nancy’s decision to go to the police about Barbara creates a rift with Steve, but an opening with Jonathan.  Chief Hopper finds he’s being lied to about events occurring and that a bigger conspiracy involving the Sadler Company could exist.  Mike finds that there is evidence that Will could still be alive and a trip to the school to use the shortwave radio could provide needed answers.

1.5The Flea and the Acrobat
Will’s funeral is approaching, but most of the attendees don’t believe he is really dead.  Chief Hopper’s experience at Sadler has left him unhinged.  As Jonathan deals with the return of his father who is trying to reconnect with his mother, he also finds an unlikely ally in Nancy who now believes there is something inhuman lurking in the woods.  A search for Will using Eleven as the key leads to a rift between Lucas and Mike.  A trip into the woods for Nancy and Jonathan leads to a trip into another dimension.

1.6The Monster
Nancy is able to escape the other dimension and the monster, but spending time with Jonathan has consequences when Steve finds out Dr. Martin Brenner and the men from the Sadler Company are getting closer to finding Eleven…making everyone involved with her a danger.  Lucas sets out on his own to find Eleven, and Mike and Dustin search for Eleven…but find another threat.

1.7The Bathtub
Time is running out as Dr. Brenner and his men close in on Eleven.  Steve tries to atone for his behavior as Jonathan and Nancy team with Joyce and Chief Hopper to find Will.  A last ditch effort to find Barbara and Will means a dangerous experiment for Eleven.

1.8The Upside Down
Chief Hopper and Joyce go to Sadler with a last ditch effort to save Will, but a deal by Chief Hopper could doom Eleven.  Jonathan and Nancy set out to capture the monster and find unlikely help from Steve.  Eleven unleashes her full potential as the final battle to rescue Will begins.

For more see my other post

Enjoy

D

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Re: Stranger Things
Reply #1 - 01. Oct 2016 at 18:43
Print Post  

This movie (or rather eight part mini-series) is so cool!

The Duffer Brothers are amazing!  They really captured the feel of
the 1980's with the story, the acting, and the music.  It even looked
like films from the 80's though the movie was shot on RED cameras. 

The world has really turned upside down.  I was talking the
other day to a colleague and he said they were shooting on
Alexa cameras because film was too 'low-res'.  Amazing!
Digital cinema cameras now far exceed film specs.

Smiley

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #2 - 03. Oct 2016 at 04:51
Print Post  
It took me a while to realize I HAD seen this at Netflix! Yes, it is interesting and very well done.

It is mind-blowing to me that digital photography has just about eclipsed film. But it sure seems that the switch is justified in terms of resolution. I am fascinated by the look of the new digital cameras that I keep seeing in 'making of' extras on DVD.

IP Logged

boyactorzrule
Gold Member

You are getting sleepy.

Reply #3 - 04. Oct 2016 at 16:12
Print Post  
This series is da bomb as they used to say! I like all the boys but young Gaten Matarazzo tugs at my heart strings! Wink

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #4 - 20. Jun 2017 at 03:48
Print Post  
I like the boys in the show, but I can't get past all gore! When a writer and Director take a boy's beautiful face MAR it up with the goriness like this show does, I can't watch it. Sad

IP Logged

varelse

The Other

Reply #5 - 24. Jul 2017 at 06:28
Print Post  
New season on October 27th!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #6 - 29. Jul 2017 at 06:24
Print Post  
I'd be very interested in seeing this show because of the boys, but I just can't handle the ghoulishness, the gore is too much for me.

I do like the caps and gifs though! Smiley

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 29. Jul 2017 at 23:35
Print Post  
Smiley Very good TV série !

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #8 - 14. Aug 2017 at 20:20
Print Post  
Nérodiaman wrote on 29. Jul 2017 at 23:35:
Smiley Very good TV série !

Yes it is!  I hope Season Two is just a good!

Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #9 - 15. Aug 2017 at 21:43
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 14. Aug 2017 at 20:20:
Yes it is!  I hope Season Two is just a good!

Well, it has to get better B! if not the show would be cancelled due to ratings! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print