Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic St Vincent: Jaeden Lieberher (Read 4,555 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

St Vincent: Jaeden Lieberher
09. Apr 2017 at 11:16
Print Post  
Okay, so I know this film, 'St Vincent', must've been reviewed somewhere in this section but, alas, I cannot find it. This film was made in 2014 and the DVD had already fallen to the humiliating depths of appearing on the shelf of my local pound shop whereupon I immediately bought it after seeing Jaeden Lieberher on the cover. Bill Murray is a great actor and the part of Vincent, a retired sloppy, grump of a neighbour, to whom Oliver (Jaeden) moves in next door, was made for him. The film is to an old formula but I enjoyed it even though the critics mainly gave 'St Vincent' a mauling. This, apparently, was Jaeden Lieberher's debut acting role and the kid was marvellous in the part of Oliver. Some of his dialogue might have been a bit too adult but I am always pleasantly surprised just where they get these wonderful boy actors.
Interesting was the mother's acceptance of having her son be babysitted by an old man she didn't even know. The only reference to 'the usual problem these days' was the boy saying how Vincent was 'too old to be dangerous'. Great acting by Jaeden and, of course, Bill Murray too.    Smiley

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This is Jaeden from another film:

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: St Vincent: Jaeden Lieberher
Reply #1 - 10. Apr 2017 at 17:28
Print Post  
Smiley Very good movie. Jeaden LIEBEHRER have a very good and moving play !

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 10. Apr 2017 at 17:42
Print Post  
Yes, Jaeden did a good job in this film. In the DVD extras there's an interview with the writer and he also mentioned he wanted to include a positive depiction of a priest after all of the negativity.

Jaeden put in a strong performance in "The Confirmation" as well and I thought that film was a little better overall. He also starred in "Midnight Special" which I haven't seen but got mixed reviews. He's about to have a big break as the star of a remake of Steven King's "IT" which also features Finn Wolfhard from the Stranger Things TV show.

Thanks for the pics Cinefan!

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 11. Apr 2017 at 10:55
Print Post  
Smiley I have placed an order about amazon.co.uk for to be The Confirmation. I think to have the DVD in April, 25th.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #4 - 16. Apr 2017 at 02:04
Print Post  
previous thread

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print