Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) My eye surgery (Read 7,677 times)
Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

My eye surgery
28. Jul 2017 at 20:34
Print Post  
To all my friends and fellow members on this wonderful site! it is my excited privilege to let you know that my cataract surgery on my Right eye was an overwhelming success! Grin Cheesy but seriously, my vision is greatly improved! I am in fact typing and reading here, right now without eyeglasses! my Left eye is still an issue, but with the vision in the Right one so greatly improved, I almost don't even notice the blurriness of the Left eye! and when I need to focus on something, all I need to do is slip on the altered eyeglasses, I took my Dime-store eyeglasses, which is what I've used ever since my vision started failing, I popped out the Right lens, so now I can see good with the Left eye when focusing on stuff up close, and for distance and driving, I don't need any glasses except for sunglasses for outside use
By Doctor's instructions, I have to use the sunglasses to protect my eye until it's completely healed I own an HDMI TV, and for the very first time, I watched a movie last night, and it was like I was watching it in 3D! the picture was EYE-Poppingly clear!

I want to thank everyone here for all the emotion support you afforded me during this time, I my not have ever seen or met you guys face to face, but to me, you all ARE family!

I will have the surgery on the other eye a week from next Wednesday! and hopefully after, my vision will be 20/20 again!

thank you,
                                Boymoviebuff Smiley
« Last Edit: 02. Aug 2017 at 02:37 by Boymoviebuff »  

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: My eye surgery
Reply #1 - 29. Jul 2017 at 19:41
Print Post  
Wonderful. Wonderful, 'Boymoviebuff', to know your cataract operation has been a success. I can imagine how great it must be to be able to see more clearly after all the time you've had poor vision. Now you can dust off all those DVDs of countless boy films you will undoubtedly own and watch them in '3D'. In fact your eyes are better than mine as I need glasses to read and watch the TV. Good for you and all Hail the wonder of BOY films and BOY actors.    Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #2 - 29. Jul 2017 at 19:50
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 29. Jul 2017 at 19:41:
Now you can dust off all those DVDs of countless boy films you will undoubtedly own and watch them in '3D'.

Grin

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 01. Aug 2017 at 19:53
Print Post  
Congrats!!

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #4 - 09. Aug 2017 at 07:37
Print Post  
Tomorrow will be the left eye, once that's done I should at least have very clear vision!
The Doc said I'll need glasses for reading and such, But I can say this, anything will be better than what I was living with, my sight was so bad, I probably shouldn't have been driving! and I realize this only now because I didn't realize just how bad my sight was, TRULY! I was all but night-blind! I shutter at the thought of how easily I could've caused an accident!

But now, even since the right eye has completely healed, I'm seeing 98% better! and hoping to defy the odds, and the Doctor and end up with 20/20 vision! Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #5 - 11. Aug 2017 at 09:10
Print Post  
Well, today is the 2nd day after the left eye surgery, and I'm seeing great! Grin needless to say, it makes the cute, pretty, adorable, and gorgeous little boys, EVEN better! Cheesy Shocked
My vision is SO good now, it's the difference between Cathoray, and HDMI!
And after the Follow-up appointment today (Thursday), The Doc said it looks like I'm not going to need to wear eyeglasses regularly, and maybe won't need reading glasses either! my eyes aren't even healed yet, and I already see as clearly as I ever did! Smiley

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #6 - 17. Aug 2017 at 13:28
Print Post  
Boymoviebuff wrote on 11. Aug 2017 at 09:10:
Well, today is the 2nd day after the left eye surgery, and I'm seeing great! Grin needless to say, it makes the cute, pretty, adorable, and gorgeous little boys, EVEN better! Cheesy Shocked
My vision is SO good now, it's the difference between Cathoray, and HDMI!
And after the Follow-up appointment today (Thursday), The Doc said it looks like I'm not going to need to wear eyeglasses regularly, and maybe won't need reading glasses either! my eyes aren't even healed yet, and I already see as clearly as I ever did! Smiley

That's wonderful!  We were all praying that things would go well!
A friend had that same surgery recently and he also had no problems.

Now:  On to more movies!     Smiley

Wink

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #7 - 17. Aug 2017 at 16:23
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 17. Aug 2017 at 13:28:
That's wonderful!  We were all praying that things would go well!
A friend had that same surgery recently and he also had no problems.

Now:  On to more movies!

Already Started! Grin I watched The Mist yesterday! 1st time seeing it SO clear and crisp! I never fully realized how cute Nathan really is!  Shocked I also watched The Mummy Returns, Freddie is a looker too!  Shocked Cheesy

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 18. Aug 2017 at 22:17
Print Post  
I liked 'The Mist' too though I thought the ending was a bit over dramatic. But 'The Mummy Returns' is great with Freddie Boath giving a marvellous performance. I think he and that coloured actor got on really well as they had so many scenes together. Loved to have watched it with you, 'Boymoviebuff'.    Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #9 - 19. Aug 2017 at 04:27
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 18. Aug 2017 at 22:17:
I liked 'The Mist' too though I thought the ending was a bit over dramatic. But 'The Mummy Returns' is great with Freddie Boath giving a marvellous performance. I think he and that coloured actor got on really well as they had so many scenes together. Loved to have watched it with you, 'Boymoviebuff'.    Smiley

Thanks, that would be wonderful to be able to sit and watch a boy movie, with someone, uninhibited! The actor that played so well opposite Freddie as the henchman, also appeared in the series Lost, for about one season. I think he is from South Africa, or somewhere in that area of the world!

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #10 - 21. Aug 2017 at 17:54
Print Post  
Well, I have a 2:15 with my Eye Doctor for the final Follow-up! Last time I saw her she told me it looked like I won't eyeglasses and maybe not even reading glasses! so I'm hoping that will be the prognosis!

I'll update tonight when I get home, it's a 70 mile round trip to see her! so it'll be probably 5pm or later before I get home, because of evening traffic. Smiley

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #11 - 21. Aug 2017 at 20:02
Print Post  
Boymoviebuff wrote on 21. Aug 2017 at 17:54:
Well, I have a 2:15 with my Eye Doctor for the final Follow-up! Last time I saw her she told me it looked like I won't eyeglasses and maybe not even reading glasses! so I'm hoping that will be the prognosis!

I'll update tonight when I get home, it's a 70 mile round trip to see her! so it'll be probably 5pm or later before I get home, because of evening traffic. Smiley

My friend that had the surgery doesn't have to wear glasses now.  Hope you get
great news!

Cool

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #12 - 22. Aug 2017 at 02:15
Print Post  
Doc said my eyes are doing great! she pronounced the Right healed, but wanted me to wait and stop the drops on Wednesday as scheduled!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print