Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic School of Rock The Musical - London (Read 1,931 times)
Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

School of Rock The Musical - London
01. Oct 2017 at 12:35
Print Post  
I went to see School of Rock The Musical in London a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty close to the film it's based on and a lot of fun - and filled with very talented kids.

It starts with an audio recording of Andrew Lloyd Webber answering the question he says is always asked - do the kids play live, to which he answered an emphatic "yes". To hammer the point home, the musicians who play during most of the numbers (and are in a balcony to the left of the stage) stood up to watch the kids during their performance numbers.

The boys in the cast in the show I was at were:
Josh White, Nicolas Ong, Siam Elvidge, Jack Goodacre, Harry Vallance, Johnny Evans-Hutchison, Charlie Vyacheslavov.

Then - to my complete surprise - during the encore of the final band performance, the actor playing Dewey announced that if you wanted to take photos, now was a good time. If I'd know I'd have had a better camera with me...

Anyway, here are the photos I took:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Re: School of Rock The Musical - London
Reply #1 - 01. Oct 2017 at 19:46
Print Post  
I love the boy on the guitar with the waging tongue! He knows how to ROCK!! Grin

I would bet money, that this production Won't have the scene from the movie where Black's character makes the statement of gratitude by saying, "I'm glad I was able to touch your kids!" and the woman absurdly reaches by jumping to the conclusion that he meant it in an inappropriate way! I know it was intended to be funny, but I thought it was ludicrous!

I am a proud American! I love my country, but this kind of media propaganda is bringing this country down in a way it won't easily recover from! I think it'll get to the point that any stranger, won't be able to even look at a kid, without being labeled or accused!
It almost makes me ashamed of my country! Cry Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print