Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Johnny Crawford as Mark McCain! (Read 2,749 times)
Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Johnny Crawford as Mark McCain!
09. Oct 2017 at 23:21
Print Post  
One of first crushes of a boy actor was the one, the only, Johnny Crawford! I think the show was already in syndicated rerun by the time I started watching The Rifleman, but I was fully in love with Mark McCain! and I was only around 5 or 6! I didn't know until years later that he is about 10 years or so my senior, even now, I don't care, because when I watch an Eppy, he is still a beautiful 10 year old boy! Kiss Smiley
Here are a few Web pics I found recently, he still makes me swoon!
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This last pic is going to be my next avatar! Cheesy

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Johnny Crawford as Mark McCain!
Reply #1 - 13. Oct 2017 at 20:11
Print Post  
I've heard of 'The Rifleman' but never seen any episodes. Looks like the adult actor, who I can't put a name to, gets on very well with Johnny Crawford ...   Roll Eyes

Thanks for the pics, 'Boymoviebuff'.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #2 - 15. Oct 2017 at 17:33
Print Post  
Try YouTube and Hulu, the first two or three seasons of the show are the best, at least for me! one thing I discovered after watching the seris end to end, Johnny had an amazing singing voice! He did end up going into music as a career, I know at one point, he was a Conductor of a symphony orchestra. Johnny gave Chuck Connors a lot of credit for the career and life choices he made! they were very close friends from the point they met on set at the studios, for the Rifleman, and remained close until Chuck's death, I think Chuck will mostly be remembered for his role as Lucas McCain, and Johnny for his role as Mark! Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #3 - 15. Oct 2017 at 17:45
Print Post  
I know this for sure, when a role calls for the child actor and the adult actor to be close like parent and child would, the powers that be for the show would require the two to spend lots of time together on and off set, in order to get to know each other and become close friends, and I know this was the case with Johnny and Chuck, just looking at them in picture and on screen, I can see the love they had for each other, and I'm very sure that Johnny was a sweet boy and easy to make friends with!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print