Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Female "Lord of the Flies" to come at Warner Bros (Read 14,401 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Female "Lord of the Flies" to come at Warner Bros
17. Jan 2018 at 15:43
Print Post  
see here

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Female "Lord of the Flies" to come at Warner Bros
Reply #1 - 18. Jan 2018 at 23:56
Print Post  
If there were any possibility that a LOTF made in our twilight Orwellian epoch could have any artistic merit at all, I'd probably be annoyed at a wasted opportunity. Since no LOTF made now in the West (except perhaps by Iván Noel...) could be any good, I'm completely indifferent. We shan't see a version as good as Peter Brook's in our lifetimes.
« Last Edit: 19. Jan 2018 at 15:31 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 19. Jan 2018 at 21:47
Print Post  
Get your placards out, my fellow defenders of the BOY actor, and protest at every cinema showing this blatant travesty of William Golding's book. Good to know I can safely assume this outrageous film will not be listed on BA. It would seem this appalling monstrosity is still at the drawing board stage so all I can hope is, if they go ahead with it, there are production problems galore, the director and producer are boiled in the pot by the local cannibals and all the girls do so much bitching and pulling each other's hair the film is dropped.   Angry

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 19. Jan 2018 at 23:21
Print Post  
I knew cinefan would have the best reaction  Grin
It doesn't look like there's been any updates on this since the original press release. Could be headed for "development hell."

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #4 - 21. Jan 2018 at 20:13
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 19. Jan 2018 at 21:47:
Get your placards out, my fellow defenders of the BOY actor, and protest at every cinema showing this blatant travesty of William Golding's book. Good to know I can safely assume this outrageous film will not be listed on BA. It would seem this appalling monstrosity is still at the drawing board stage so all I can hope is, if they go ahead with it, there are production problems galore, the director and producer are boiled in the pot by the local cannibals and all the girls do so much bitching and pulling each other's hair the film is dropped.

You tell'em C! leave it to the Libs to take a great story of boyhood and completely crappity smack it up! this story ISN'T about girls! there isn't or won't ever be a girl on that island! so, for the Libs who can't fathom the idea of boys being boys, they can take their ideas and stuff them!  Angry

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 01. Feb 2018 at 02:31
Print Post  
Ugh. This place has become so disgusting.

[bleep] all of you. I'm not posting here anymore.

I hope you all burn with the rest of Trump's America.

EDIT: I guess we're not allowed to swear here. Seems ironic for a bunch of right wing defenders of free speech to ban the f word. Oh well. Goodbye.

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 01. Feb 2018 at 05:03
Print Post  
come on josephk, that is way too harsh, one person made a slightly off color political comment.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #7 - 01. Feb 2018 at 12:57
Print Post  
I just don't want to hang out with a bunch of idiots who are so upset that a movie is being made with girls in it. Get a life.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #8 - 01. Feb 2018 at 20:41
Print Post  
nightwatcher wrote on 01. Feb 2018 at 05:03:
come on josephk, that is way too harsh

the longer you're here as a member the more you'll find out, that he lays in wait for someone to make a comment that he either doesn't agree with. or finds something wrong with, then he pounces!

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #9 - 02. Feb 2018 at 04:11
Print Post  
Boymoviebuff wrote on 01. Feb 2018 at 20:41:

the longer you're here as a member the more you'll find out, that he lays in wait for someone to make a comment that he either doesn't agree with. or finds something wrong with, then he pounces!

Go suck Trump's dick, bitch.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 02. Feb 2018 at 13:22
Print Post  
To take the view that the only alternative to feminist liberalism is support for Donald Trump is to evince an incredibly impoverished moral and political imagination.

It is extraordinary to think that liberalism once stood for freedom of speech and expression. This is certainly how John Stuart Mill understood it. Modern liberalism, however, is a somewhat different beast; it insists that everyone show 'tolerance' of 'diversity' - except the one diversity that it does not tolerate is diversity of opinion. One of the most worrying features of modern liberalism is its tendancy to stigmatise all contrary opinion as 'hate' - a characterisation of any and all disagreement as proof of moral corruption, which serves to legitimise the forcible suppression of dissenting voices from the public arena.

This morning I read in a British paper that art galleries are removing from public display Victorian paintings of nudes, because these might outrage the feminist lobby. It seems that the Anglophone world is experiencing a crescendo of Puritanism not seen since the 1650s under Cromwell. I wonder how long it will last, and how much destruction it will cause to art and film before it's all over. There have already been calls not just for the removal of artworks from display but for the physical destruction of artworks (and by extension films) deemed contrary to contemporary sensibilities (e.g. in the Dana Schutz case).

How long, do you think, before the attention of the New Puritans turns to Novecento or For a Lost Soldier or Robby?
« Last Edit: 02. Feb 2018 at 15:00 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #11 - 02. Feb 2018 at 19:13
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 02. Feb 2018 at 04:11:
Boymoviebuff wrote on 01. Feb 2018 at 20:41:

Go suck Trump's dick, bitch.

I don't like Trump! I didn't vote for him, so why don't YOU apply your suggestion yourself! since you want to resort to name calling, like a school yard Bully!

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #12 - 02. Feb 2018 at 19:20
Print Post  
diogenes wrote on 02. Feb 2018 at 13:22:
To take the view that the only alternative to feminist liberalism is support for Donald Trump is to evince an incredibly impoverished moral and political imagination.

It is extraordinary to think that liberalism once stood for freedom of speech and expression. This is certainly how John Stuart Mill understood it. Modern liberalism, however, is a somewhat different beast; it insists that everyone show 'tolerance' of 'diversity' - except the one diversity that it does not tolerate is diversity of opinion. One of the most worrying features of modern liberalism is its tendancy to stigmatise all contrary opinion as 'hate' - a characterisation of any and all disagreement as proof of moral corruption, which serves to legitimise the forcible suppression of dissenting voices from the public arena.

This morning I read in a British paper that art galleries are removing from public display Victorian paintings of nudes, because these might outrage the feminist lobby. It seems that the Anglophone world is experiencing a crescendo of Puritanism not seen since the 1650s under Cromwell. I wonder how long it will last, and how much destruction it will cause to art and film before it's all over. There have already been calls not just for the removal of artworks from display but for the physical destruction of artworks (and by extension films) deemed contrary to contemporary sensibilities (e.g. in the Dana Schutz case).

How long, do you think, before the attention of the New Puritans turns to Novecento or For a Lost Soldier or Robby?

I am not a liberal. Also, you are an idiot.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #13 - 02. Feb 2018 at 19:27
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 02. Feb 2018 at 19:20:
I am not a liberal. Also, you are an idiot.

Then why are you so offended then!? thank you for proving my point, BULLY!

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #14 - 02. Feb 2018 at 19:27
Print Post  
I figure someone's going to ban me sooner or later. I'm really not interested in having a serious discussion about politics on a forum for men who lust after boys in movies. I think you are all hypocrites and pathetic losers. I don't care if you think I'm a bully or immature. I have no more interest in this website. There was once a vibrant community of people with different opinions and ideas who found common ground in their appreciation of boys on film, but the internet has changed and so has culture as a whole. I can no longer stomach being associated with people who have such terrible politics and such low self awareness.

I figured I might as well go out burning all the bridges.

Good bye.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print