Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Junior Coghlan on Philippe de Lacy (Read 2,276 times)
diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Junior Coghlan on Philippe de Lacy
05. Mar 2018 at 15:24
Print Post  
Hope you're all enjoying some of my recent additions to the database. The "Crni Biseri" film I had to add because of the great poster! The figure in the poster is taken from a publicity photograph that I happen to have in my private collection of film memorabilia - I've included a large scan of the photo in the film's gallery. (I should have really removed some of the little white specks on the scan using Paint before posting it - oh well, never mind, people can do that for themselves if they want to.)

Another film I felt the urge to add recently was "Square Shoulders", which included Junior Coghlan and Philippe de Lacy as two boys who at one point are rivals for a girl's love. But when she ditches both of them for a third boy they decide to go on a date to the local cinema - with each other!

Here's what Coghlan said about de Lacy in his autobiography: "Philippe was an absolutely beautiful child and his entry into motion pictures is not surprising. Despite his extremely good looks, he was all boy and I enjoyed working with him. When Square Shoulders was completed Phil and I used to visit children's hospitals and orphanages together. We would run the film and then do a skit in which we duplicated the knockdown fight we had in the movie. This was to show the kids that we were really good friends and did not hurt each other in our mock battle." (They Still Call Me Junior, p. 65)
« Last Edit: 07. Mar 2018 at 09:49 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Junior Coghlan on Philippe de Lacy
Reply #1 - 09. Mar 2018 at 21:21
Print Post  
Thanks, Diogenes, for an interesting post on Coghlan and Lacy.   Smiley

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: Junior Coghlan on Philippe de Lacy
Reply #2 - 11. Mar 2018 at 15:17
Print Post  
The additions are appreciated, as usual. I love learning about these actors from the silent era. It's a different skill set I think, compared to "talkies." It's a shame that so many are lost.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print