Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Reviews and Ratings (Read 4,060 times)
diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reviews and Ratings
18. May 2018 at 11:55
Print Post  
One thing I wanted to say about ratings/reviews. If I come across the profile page of a movie that I am unacquainted with, it really tells me nothing whatever about it to find that someone has given it a rating of 7/10 (or whatever). For this reason, I would strongly encourage people to add a comment with their rating - even if it is only a line. (If you're giving it a poor rating, then just say what particular aspect of the film you disliked or found disappointing. If you're giving it a good rating, then what particular aspect of the film did you especially like?) Just a thought.

I'd like everyone to add reviews (or even just ratings alone if they really can't think of anything to say). I enjoy reading them - even when I wildly disagree with them - so the more, the merrier!

An especial thanks to Saga, who's been quite active recently and whose reviews I have enjoyed reading.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Reviews and Ratings
Reply #1 - 18. May 2018 at 20:13
Print Post  
I agree. Many members simply give a rating with no comment on why. I always try and leave a comment.

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 19. May 2018 at 19:02
Print Post  
I'm guilty of this... sometimes I just leave a rating as it's mostly for my "personal records," I like to go back and see what I've watched. I'll try to do better...

As an aside, a line from a review I saw of yours that made me laugh out loud the other day, "At one point, she informs us that people do evil things only because they are afraid. Oh really? The Holocaust? It was a cry for help, darlings!"

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 20. May 2018 at 11:38
Print Post  
Oh, thanks! I hope my negative reviews are not too acid... but "Taken" - or rather the character of Allie - really did irritate me! The boys in it were nice, though.
« Last Edit: 20. May 2018 at 14:15 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print