Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Ideal Home (2018) ~ Jack Gore (Read 8,668 times)
nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Ideal Home (2018) ~ Jack Gore
03. Jul 2018 at 05:19
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

"Paul and Erasmus are a bickering couple with an extravagant life. But when Bill, the grandson Erasmus never knew he had, shows up at their dinner party with nowhere else to go, the couple reluctantly decide to take him in. Despite the difficulties of incorporating a child into their lives, Bill grows on them. But when Bill's father is released from prison and comes to take back his son, the men realize that you don't fight with your family, you fight for them."

My rating: 5/10
The troubled boy showing up on the doorstep of a wealthy gay couple is veering on cliche at this point, but the film was still entertaining. Erasmus is a celebrity chef in a long term relationship with his production assistant Paul, though he has a son from a brief "experimentation" with heterosexuality, who in turn begets the grandson at the center of the story. It has a few pretty good jokes, but you can see them coming from a mile away. The plot is rather predictable as well. The product placement for Taco Bell is distractingly egregious.

Jack Gore plays Angel (who goes by Bill, because he hates the name). Gore was a main character in the Michael J. Fox show (2013-2014), and has also had several other roles in TV and film. In some ways it is left on him to balance the film's comedic and dramatic elements and he does a pretty good job navigating the role.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Ideal Home (2018) ~ Jack Gore
Reply #1 - 03. Jul 2018 at 13:31
Print Post  
I hate it already! Thanks for this. Film and actor added to database. I am quite interested in another thing that Jack starred in, though - "The Father Thing", which was shown as part of the 'Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams' anthology series. It's available on Amazon Prime for about the cost of a double packet of Hobnobs, so I plan to view it soon! (Some caps below - the middle two are from a 'Making of' video available on Youtube here: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links))

« Last Edit: 03. Jul 2018 at 14:39 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 03. Jul 2018 at 19:09
Print Post  
UPDATE

Added "The Father Thing" to the database. It's a series episode, but I think when we're dealing with anthology series, with a totally different cast in each episode, then it's legitimate to add the episode to the database, since each episode is essentially a stand-alone movie. In any case, we've done the same in the past (e.g. "Soup for President"), so there's a precedent. I enjoyed designing the banner for "The Father Thing", which I created from a screencap from the episode of Jack Gore running in terror down a dark alley. I just viewed the episode, and it's actually very good - definitely worth the price of a double pack of Hobnobs!

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 04. Jul 2018 at 21:52
Print Post  
Smiley I have seen Ideal Home. Jack GORE have a very good play in part of Bill !

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 06. Jul 2018 at 21:56
Print Post  
Smiley I have seen Jack in part of Ritchie in Wonder Weele. Very good play !

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #5 - 06. Jul 2018 at 22:15
Print Post  
Nérodiaman wrote on 06. Jul 2018 at 21:56:
Smiley I have seen Jack in part of Ritchie in Wonder Weele. Very good play !

That's Wonder Wheel ... How much screen time does Jack have?  He doesn't seem to be in the trailer at all.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #6 - 09. Sep 2018 at 20:17
Print Post  

True, pretty much one cliche after another.

But I did like Jack Gore.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print