Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic What's New (Read 388 times)
diogenes
Gold Member

BA Member

What's New
02. Oct 2018 at 20:00
Print Post  
Today I added some screencaps of Kevin Zegers in an "X-Files" episode to the Kevin Zegers Gallery. The new screencaps are images 31-50. There are already some caps, and details from caps, from this episode in the Gallery (nos. 11-30), but mine are of superior quality!† Smiley Here are three of them:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

It they seem rather dark, this is because the episode is rather dark! Here's the top one after I've tinkered with it - the brightness is far higher than in the actual episode, but it makes a striking image of Master Zegers.

Idly looking over my Amazon Recommendations, I came across the blu-ray release whose cover is below. I know nothing about this film (has anyone seen it? I have no reason to think it features any boy actors, but I wouldn't know...) - but what a striking cover! I am tempted to buy it for the cover illustration alone!

IP Logged

diogenes
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: What's New
Reply #1 - 05. Oct 2018 at 15:57
Print Post  
Added the 1935 "Scrooge" to the database. It's free with Amazon Prime, so I will watch the film later. The current banner image is from the colourised version of the film. It's not very good, and I might change it later, after I've viewed the film.

More importantly, I have made an English subtitle file for the Turkish film "Young Wrestlers" (GenÁ pehlivanlar, 2016). I've tested it, and it's completely in sync with the film as presented on the German DVD ("Junge Ringer" - Amazon link on film profile page - bear in mind the DVD's a Region 2). It's the first time I've made an English subtitle file for a film. I translated from a German subtitle file, and it took quite a few hours of work!† It's not perfect, but you'll understand what they're talking about, and what's going on, and you'll be able to enjoy the film. It's a great little movie!

For good measure, I've added a Gallery to the movie profile page as well. Here are 5 screencaps from the Gallery:

IP Logged

diogenes
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 07. Oct 2018 at 00:22
Print Post  
I watched the 3 hour, extended version of "The Tree of Life" (2011) today, which I would heartily recommend. It feels like a much more complete film than the theatrical version. It is already out on Region A Criterion blu-ray, and will be out on a Region B blu-ray in a very short time. Watching it made me think about Tye Sheridan's acting career, so I added the superb "Joe" (2013) to the database. Here's Tye in a publicity still for "Joe" - though this shirtless scene is not in the final cut of the film, worst luck:

What else? I replaced the banner image for "The 1940s House" with a better version of the same image which I obtained from scanning the photo from the book accompanying the series. Below you can compare the former image (left), with the image with which I replaced it (right). As you can see, the new image has a better colour balance, and shows more of the scene:

Also added "Wind at My Back", as well as the actor Tyrone Savage from this series. Finally, I added the short film "Lookouts" - many thanks to Damien for this suggestion.

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 11. Oct 2018 at 04:42
Print Post  
Thanks for the hard work as always!

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 12. Oct 2018 at 20:49
Print Post  
What's New? Not much on BA at the moment. It's all gone rather quiet.    Huh

Good work, 'diogenes'.

IP Logged

diogenes
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 22. Oct 2018 at 18:56
Print Post  
Added new profile picture for the 1935 "Scrooge", which I designed myself.

Also added a Gallery of screencaps. Here's Philip Frost looking suitably angelic as Tiny Tim:

Also added the actors Gavin and Andrew Conrad who were Romulus and Remus in the Doctor Who story "The Twin Dilemma" (a Gallery of screencaps has been added to Gavin Conrad's profile page).

I've added to the database the two other versions of "Captains Courageous" besides the Freddie Bartholomew one, and also "The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea" - which has a scene where poor Cedric (he's the cat) is treated very roughly by the actors. I think the director should be horsewhipped. In any case, Cedric is by far the best actor in the movie. Why didn't he get an Oscar??? Still, it's nice to see Earl Rhodes, and Jonathan Kahn - the latter acts a lot better than he did in "David Copperfield". Clearly adolescence has improved his acting ability - or maybe the director just got more out of him.

Here are 4 screencaps I took...

« Last Edit: 23. Oct 2018 at 10:35 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print