Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What's New (Read 95,433 times)
diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

What's New
02. Oct 2018 at 20:00
Print Post  
Today I added some screencaps of Kevin Zegers in an "X-Files" episode to the Kevin Zegers Gallery. The new screencaps are images 31-50. There are already some caps, and details from caps, from this episode in the Gallery (nos. 11-30), but mine are of superior quality!  Smiley Here are three of them:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

It they seem rather dark, this is because the episode is rather dark! Here's the top one after I've tinkered with it - the brightness is far higher than in the actual episode, but it makes a striking image of Master Zegers.

Idly looking over my Amazon Recommendations, I came across the blu-ray release whose cover is below. I know nothing about this film (has anyone seen it? I have no reason to think it features any boy actors, but I wouldn't know...) - but what a striking cover! I am tempted to buy it for the cover illustration alone!

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: What's New
Reply #1 - 05. Oct 2018 at 15:57
Print Post  
Added the 1935 "Scrooge" to the database. It's free with Amazon Prime, so I will watch the film later. The current banner image is from the colourised version of the film. It's not very good, and I might change it later, after I've viewed the film.

More importantly, I have made an English subtitle file for the Turkish film "Young Wrestlers" (Genç pehlivanlar, 2016). I've tested it, and it's completely in sync with the film as presented on the German DVD ("Junge Ringer" - Amazon link on film profile page - bear in mind the DVD's a Region 2). It's the first time I've made an English subtitle file for a film. I translated from a German subtitle file, and it took quite a few hours of work!  It's not perfect, but you'll understand what they're talking about, and what's going on, and you'll be able to enjoy the film. It's a great little movie!

For good measure, I've added a Gallery to the movie profile page as well. Here are 5 screencaps from the Gallery:

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 07. Oct 2018 at 00:22
Print Post  
I watched the 3 hour, extended version of "The Tree of Life" (2011) today, which I would heartily recommend. It feels like a much more complete film than the theatrical version. It is already out on Region A Criterion blu-ray, and will be out on a Region B blu-ray in a very short time. Watching it made me think about Tye Sheridan's acting career, so I added the superb "Joe" (2013) to the database. Here's Tye in a publicity still for "Joe" - though this shirtless scene is not in the final cut of the film, worst luck:

What else? I replaced the banner image for "The 1940s House" with a better version of the same image which I obtained from scanning the photo from the book accompanying the series. Below you can compare the former image (left), with the image with which I replaced it (right). As you can see, the new image has a better colour balance, and shows more of the scene:

Also added "Wind at My Back", as well as the actor Tyrone Savage from this series. Finally, I added the short film "Lookouts" - many thanks to Damien for this suggestion.

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 11. Oct 2018 at 04:42
Print Post  
Thanks for the hard work as always!

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 12. Oct 2018 at 20:49
Print Post  
What's New? Not much on BA at the moment. It's all gone rather quiet.    Huh

Good work, 'diogenes'.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 22. Oct 2018 at 18:56
Print Post  
Added new profile picture for the 1935 "Scrooge", which I designed myself.

Also added a Gallery of screencaps. Here's Philip Frost looking suitably angelic as Tiny Tim:

Also added the actors Gavin and Andrew Conrad who were Romulus and Remus in the Doctor Who story "The Twin Dilemma" (a Gallery of screencaps has been added to Gavin Conrad's profile page).

I've added to the database the two other versions of "Captains Courageous" besides the Freddie Bartholomew one, and also "The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea" - which has a scene where poor Cedric (he's the cat) is treated very roughly by the actors. I think the director should be horsewhipped. In any case, Cedric is by far the best actor in the movie. Why didn't he get an Oscar??? Still, it's nice to see Earl Rhodes, and Jonathan Kahn - the latter acts a lot better than he did in "David Copperfield". Clearly adolescence has improved his acting ability - or maybe the director just got more out of him.

Here are 4 screencaps I took...

« Last Edit: 23. Oct 2018 at 10:35 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 21. Nov 2018 at 19:57
Print Post  
Hope you like some of my recent additions to the database.

I've also changed a couple of banners recently. The banner for Pasolini's "Medea" (1969) was ruddy awful, so I replaced it with my own creation:

And the banner for "The Witches" (1990) was also rather unsatisfactory - although it was a film poster, it was the size of a postage stamp, and in any case didn't show the boy actor; so I replaced it with the wonderful Jasen Fisher surrounded by witches, which I think works quite well on the movie Profile page:

Also updated the UK Amazon links on the Profile page for Bertolucci's "Novecento" (1976) to include the 'Masters of Cinema' blu-ray release (Region B), which is transcendently gorgeous.

As always, just mention something in the Forum, and I'll probably get round to adding it to the database!

« Last Edit: 22. Nov 2018 at 13:57 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 23. Nov 2018 at 14:44
Print Post  
Thanks also for adding The Desperate Hours, American Housewife, and Daniel DiMaggio!

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 23. Nov 2018 at 14:49
Print Post  
You're very welcome - it was fun making the pages!

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #9 - 04. Jan 2019 at 17:51
Print Post  
Been watching 'Pinocchios' recently, so I've added the 1940 Disney "Pinocchio".

And I've also spruced up the page for Andrea Balestri, who was the star of the 1972 Comencini miniseries of Pinocchio. Balestri's Profile page now has a new improved Profile picture, taken from his role in this miniseries.

I've also re-done the cast list for the '72 miniseries, so that it's not just a meaningless list of names, and I've included Domenico Santoro who plays Lucignolo (i.e. Lampwick). He now has his own Profile page as well. Here are a few caps of Santoro from the miniseries:

As always, any suggestions as to what needs to be added to the Database are most welcome! Please don't hesitate (otherwise, you'll just have to put up with whatever I happen to be watching at any one time!).
« Last Edit: 05. Jan 2019 at 00:16 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 06. Jan 2019 at 13:32
Print Post  
Added Flynn Allen to database:

Flynn has a lead role in the forthcoming movie "The Last Boy" (2019), which looks intriguing, and includes references to Sufism, apparently.

« Last Edit: 06. Jan 2019 at 15:45 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #11 - 06. Jan 2019 at 16:18
Print Post  
Mmmm ... 'The Last Boy' looks interesting. Is this one of those apocalyptic films?

Thanks for the clips, 'diogenes', you're almost running a one man band here at the moment.   Wink

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #12 - 06. Jan 2019 at 23:22
Print Post  
It is described as "a post-apocalyptic tale of a young boy whose dying mother sends him on a quest to find a place that grants wishes." The film is released this month in the US and in March in the UK.

Concerning the post-apocalyptic scenario, director Perry Bhandal has explained: “It’s a premise I have wanted to explore for a long time, about how our human relationships change when there is no-one left and ask if we as a species are fit custodians of our precious planet. I also wanted to present a different kind of apocalypse - not one of death and destruction but of simple loss on a huge scale and how that affects individuals and their reasons for being as they navigate a world they no longer recognise."

Below are three more pictures of Flynn from the trailer (youtube.com/watch?v=Von7wD9c9GI). In the meantime, I might watch Flynn (and Liam Kelly) in "House of Salem" (2016) - even though everyone says it's bloody awful!

On a completely different subject, I have made a subtitle file for "Dva Fyodora" (1959). I translated from a Turkish subtitle file. I just need to polish it up a bit, so it should be ready by and by. I have already watched the film with the subtitles, and it's a wonderful film. (I had a really good quality copy of the film, and I uploaded it on my YouTube channel, but someone must have complained about copyright violation, and it was taken down by YouTube and I received a copyright violation warning.)

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #13 - 08. Jan 2019 at 19:12
Print Post  
"The Last Boy" is straight-to-DVD today! But this does mean that it becomes the very first film of 2019 to be added to the database.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #14 - 24. Jan 2019 at 17:36
Print Post  
I've been a bit inactive of late, because I've had a little illness for which the technical medical term is a stinking cold. However, I'm recovering now, so I hope I can gradually return to form... First up, I really must finish the subtitles for "Dva Fyodora". (Incidentally, you can download the movie in reasonably decent quality here:
As I say, subs coming up later.....give me a few days.....)

Meanwhile, I've added the wonderful "Svolochi" to the database, starring the very appealing Sergei Rychenkov (the screencaps below are of Sergei).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print