Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Desperate Hours (1955) (Read 5,779 times)
nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

The Desperate Hours (1955)
18. Nov 2018 at 22:28
Print Post  
Great film noir starring Humphrey Bogart as the leader of a trio of escaped convicts who take a suburban family hostage as they await a payment. Fredric March plays the impotent patriarch. Richard Eyer plays his son Ralphie, the bravest in the face of the threat, who confronts the criminals and, over the objections of his father, attempts to escape and alert others about the family's plight.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Trivia: the house used in exterior shots would become the same one which appeared in later seasons of Leave It To Beaver, and which is today used on the show American Housewife (starring boy actor Daniel Dimaggio)

« Last Edit: 19. Nov 2018 at 11:43 by nightwatcher »  

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: The Desperate Hours (1955)
Reply #1 - 30. Nov 2018 at 21:08
Print Post  
OH MY GAWD, 'nightwatcher' what have you done but posted pics of a famous 1950s American boy actor I believe now mostly forgotten? Wonderful. I remember Richard Eyre in one of those Sinbad films where he played the young genie who would say "I shall try, I shall try".
I never knew Richard had the honour of starring alongside the great Humphrey Bogart. Thanks for the pics and info.    Smiley

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: The Desperate Hours (1955)
Reply #2 - 01. Dec 2018 at 12:00
Print Post  
Richard was also in "The Invisible Boy" as Timmie, with Robby the Robot. If I remember rightly (it's been some time since I've seen it), the film had a rather peculiar, um, 'spanking' theme. (That is, Timmie was constantly being either spanked or threatened with spanking...!) In any case, Richard was a most charming young actor.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print