Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic My Father's Glory/My Mother's Castle (1990) (Read 12,788 times)
cal
Ex Member

Admin

My Father's Glory/My Mother's Castle (1990)
28. Oct 2001 at 04:07
Print Post  

A young boy, whose father is an teacher, spends his summer vacation in a cottage in Provence and meets a local boy who teaches him the secrets of the hill in Provence.

This movie has excellent photography, gorgeous looking boys and some visual bonuses including the required scene of innocent naked expression. The script is probably a little too sweet so there is never any high drama, probably best described using words such as 'charming', 'delightful'  and 'feel good'.

highly recommended.
my boy movie rating: 10/10
my movie rating 7/10
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:42 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

My Father's Glory/My Mother's Castle (Fr-1990)
Reply #1 - 28. Oct 2001 at 15:41
Print Post  
Oh Cal, I agree with you!  I have both of these movies, and 'charming', 'delightful', and 'feel good' describes these movies perfectly.

I was haunted by the beauty of Julien Ciamaca as Marcel from the first time I laid eyes on him, and I guess I still consider him to be the most beautiful boy who has ever appeared onscreen... *sigh*...

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Pelle
Silver Member

Reply #2 - 28. Oct 2001 at 16:19
Print Post  
I love these movies also. They are wonderful and charming recollections of childhood holidays in Provence.  Julien Ciamaca is simply gorgeous.  Julien is definately one of the most beauftiful boys ever to be in a movie.

IP Logged

Pelle
Silver Member

Reply #3 - 06. Apr 2002 at 21:54
Print Post  
I have the VHS tapes, but I really really want to have these movie on DVD!  From the caps cmdudx has posted it looks as if the DVD is in widescreen which my tapes are not, and anyway after seeing 480p video from DVD there's no going back to VHS smear-o-vision for me! Smiley

IP Logged

cmbudx
Bronze Member

L'editeur

Reply #4 - 07. Apr 2002 at 13:19
Print Post  
Pelle,

The DVD was released by TF1 Video.  The movies are widescreen, the case says "16/9 Anamorphique (compatible avec écran 4/3)".

So far, I have only made a few captures from the disks to test the image quality.  I'll make a full set and post them in the next week or two.  If we ask Cal really nicely, he might even put them in a gallery to keep this thread from getting too full of images.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print