Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Abeltje (1998) (Read 22,687 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Abeltje (1998)
02. Nov 2001 at 20:51
Print Post  

Abeltje" is a movie for the kiddies.

A boy, Abeltje (Rick van Gastel), is employed as elevator operator in a department store.  [Is it called a "lift" in England?]  He wears this red uniform for practically the whole movie.

The inventor of the special elevator gives him the key, and after explaining how to operate the elevator, warns him "never press THAT button"...

Of course soon it happens.  When it does, in the elevator there are 3 adults, Abeltje, and a girl classmate of his (who has seen him naked, so he is shy around her).  The elevator flies right out through the roof.  They fly for a while, come down in New York.  In New York (coincidentally) a boy who looks EXACTLY like Abeltje has just been kidnapped.  Confused identities.  Later they fly their elevator to South America [Tierra del Fuego?] (where the kidnapped boy was taken to work as a slave in an apple factory), get mixed up in the revolution there.

Lots of laughs, but not much logic.
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 04:13 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Abeltje
Reply #1 - 02. Nov 2001 at 22:47
Print Post  
I've only seen stills and clips from it.  Do you know if there is a subtitled version?

Ricky looks very sweet..and there's something about an earing on a boy that gives me a nice sort of tingle.
« Last Edit: 16. Aug 2003 at 12:09 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Abeltje
Reply #2 - 02. Nov 2001 at 23:15
Print Post  
I feel that same tingling, Cal.  I'd like to know more about it, too...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print