Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Testimony of Taliesin Jones, The (Read 11,613 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: Testimony of Taliesin Jones, The
Reply #15 - 19. Jan 2005 at 22:22
Print Post  
This is great news.  Smiley
I read somewhere that some trimming might've been done for the US release, but no matter. I'm thrilled that this film will finally become available to those of you who have yet to have had the pleasure of seeing it.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #16 - 20. Jan 2005 at 01:53
Print Post  
They probably changed the title to cash on on the 'bible belt' market.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #17 - 20. Jan 2005 at 08:03
Print Post  
Hmm. I hope they didn't trim too much.

You may be right Cal. The cover looks like it would appeal to that market more than the original one, which makes it look like a much more somber film.

This might sound silly, but I don't think I would have paid the movie as much attention had I never seen the original cover with the black background and the close up of the boy with deep blue eyes. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but the new cover is so terrible that it almost makes me less interested in seeing the fim. Thankfully, good reviews, high ratings and a couple of strong recommendations from people here are probably a better indication of the movie's quality. Smiley

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #18 - 20. Jan 2005 at 20:18
Print Post  
I agree..  it's a perfect example of how a movie can be marketed to different demographics. And the weird thing is that one's own appreciation of a movie (or book) can increase or decrease significantly based on a cover...  first impressions certainly do have a major impact on the way we perceive things.
« Last Edit: 22. Jan 2005 at 09:43 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

del bosque
Silver Member

Reply #19 - 21. Jan 2005 at 19:39
Print Post  
"I liked being seven. Things were easier when I was seven. No one told me to grow up then, they just let me be seven".  What a terrific line.  I know a 7 year old who is probably now the most perfect age he'll ever be. He sat alongside me and his younger, tougher sister watching the 3D Spy Kids I'd bought them, his fingers unselfconciously stealing up to tickle the back of my neck, because he was happy watching the movie.  I was reminded of this when watching "The Testimony of Taliesin Jones".  Films like this teach us how to be better people.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print