Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Luminous Motion (1998) (Read 9,671 times)
Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Luminous Motion (1998)
17. Dec 2001 at 22:32
Print Post  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This is all I knew about this movie when I ordered it, besides the fact that Eric Lloyd was in it Smiley ...

<i>A mom and her 10 year son motor around the country as she makes ends meet by turning tricks until her car breaks down. She then temporarily takes up with a hardware store owner until she gets her own place. Then the kid's father shows up to try to take the two over.</i>

Not much... hehe

I don't want to give away too much of the plot, because this is a little-known movie that maybe many here haven't seen.  This is what the back of the dvd cover says, though:

<i>10-year-old Phillip craves speed and light.  Obsessed with staying in perpetual motion, he lives the outlaw life on the road with his Mom, who makes ends meet by stealing money from men she seduces.  After an unexpected detour...(they) settle in the suburbs with a carpenter named Pedro.  (Phillip doesn't like the settled life, so...) Phillip dispatches Pedro with a homemade remedy, and the two hit the road once again.  Unfortunately, their past comes back to haunt them when Phillip's father shows up to reclaim his place at the head of the family.</i>

Anyway, I thought this was a weird movie, and Eric Lloyd plays a kid who's very smart (and cute), but who seems to have a way to make soup that people don't wake up from.  Kinda depressing, that he didn't have a BL to help him grow up right...

Love,
Sir Jacob
« Last Edit: 01. Jul 2008 at 04:21 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

youngboy 16
Ex Member

Luminous Motion
Reply #1 - 17. Dec 2001 at 22:56
Print Post  
thanks for that Sir Jacob, good report and nice pics

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Luminous Motion
Reply #2 - 18. Dec 2001 at 01:37
Print Post  
I remember seeing this one...  it must have been on cable but for some reason I didn't tape it.  Movies usually get played on cable about 20 time or so over a period of months before they disappear but for some reason I don't think it got played anywhere near that amount.  Maybe the reason was something to do with the content... 

Glad you reminded me about it because it is definitely one I would like to catch again.  Weird it is.

I wonder if Eric has retired from acting...   he doesn't seem to have done anything new for a couple of years.  Maybe there are not many role for mid teenage boys or maybe producers don't like that age group.

Nice poster, and interesting to see Eric's face so prominent...  someone in marketing obviously saw something appealing in that cute face.

IP Logged

Pelle
Silver Member

Luminous Motion
Reply #3 - 07. Jan 2002 at 22:32
Print Post  
Well I can't say I liked this film, but I did make a bunch of captures from it!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 04. Sep 2003 at 07:47 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Luminous Motion
Reply #4 - 07. Jan 2002 at 22:42
Print Post  
It is a weird movie that's for sure and the ending left me more than a little puzzled.

...wonderful caps Pelle.
« Last Edit: 04. Sep 2003 at 07:49 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Luminous Motion
Reply #5 - 07. Jan 2002 at 23:27
Print Post  
Simply wonderful gallery again, Pelle!  Beautiful caps!

I like the size you make your caps, and you don't seem to lose any quality at all when you save them as JPEG's.  You have an eye for the good images from a movie, too.  Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

YoungArthur
Ex Member

Hagrid's Helper

Luminous Motion
Reply #6 - 08. Jan 2002 at 09:16
Print Post  
How did I overlook this boy?? Thanks again, Sir Jacob.  He is an amazingly handsome boy Smiley

Pelle, your site runneth over with quality pics.  You do have an eye for the best boy moments.

IP Logged

Pelle
Silver Member

Luminous Motion
Reply #7 - 08. Jan 2002 at 17:41
Print Post  
Thanks for the kind words everyone Smiley

Sir J:  I make the caps at 100% jpeg quality and they are anywhere from 140 - 230K The ones I put in the galleries Ive reduced, I've found that at 92% the loss of quality is either very small or not noticable and the files are a much more manageable size.  I also take a bunch of captures and then pick out the best ones for the galleries Smiley

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Luminous Motion
Reply #8 - 08. Jan 2002 at 20:42
Print Post  
Oh, he's <em>so</em> cute. Can I keep him? Huh, Huh? Pretty please?

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Luminous Motion
Reply #9 - 16. Jan 2002 at 20:00
Print Post  
A truly strange movie...
« Last Edit: 04. Sep 2003 at 07:50 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

pyjamaboy
Ex Member

Luminous Motion
Reply #10 - 28. Oct 2002 at 11:05
Print Post  
This is a great offbeat movie , and i absolutely love Eric in it.  His performance is stunning .
« Last Edit: 04. Sep 2003 at 07:41 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print