Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Bored Silly (2000) (Read 3,368 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Bored Silly (2000)
15. Jan 2002 at 09:56
Print Post  

no wonder this movie didn't have much impact with audiences with scathing reviews like this:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Well I just watched it and was not bored for one second.  The three boys who look to be about ten years old (not 8 according to the reviewer above) are really worth watching.  Many kids films go far more overboard than this one.  I like the photography..  many of the angles were really great...  and the camerawork showed an appreciation of boys in a number of asthetic ways.  I could happily watch several movies with these three kids...  one of the trio played by Evan Gabriel is a real head turner.   I do hope he make another movie before he hits the awkward teen years.  So this is one I'd recommend for anyone wanting some light entertainment watching what boys get up to in their summer holidays.  well worth renting.

Here's a better review which is closer to the mark:

movie rating: 6/10
boy movie rating 9/10

« Last Edit: 04. Jul 2008 at 15:06 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

'Bored Silly'
Reply #1 - 16. Jan 2002 at 22:14
Print Post  
I agree with you, Cal.  I'll watch a silly movie, if it's kids acting like kids.  I didn't like 'Max Keeble' this year, but that's because I saw it in a movie theater while travelling, alone, and I didn't have a boy there to giggle (at) with.  Alex D. Linz was certainly worth looking at, though. Smiley

I found one other movie that this little Evan Gabriel has been in (a made for tv movie, but I bet it will make it to your cable someday, you get so many good ones there!).  It's called 'A Chance of Snow', from 1998.  Here's what a reviewer said about it:

<i>It's 1pm on a Sunday and I'm stuck for something to do. What should come onto the TV but A Chance of Snow :- "A Heartwarming Family Christmas Tale" said the announcer. Just what I wanted in May(!). I decided to watch it, and I'm glad that I did. Although this movie contains virtually every cliché associated with family and Christmas movies, including the classic "parents on the brink of divorce reunited after several meaningful talks with strangers" theme, I found it to be enjoyable and just the sort of thing that is a joy to watch around Christmas. It also stars the excellent JoBeth Williams from the cult POLTERGEIST movies. I would recommend this movie to anyone in the mood for some sentimental, easy-going holiday nonsense. 7/10</i>

Oh well, it doesn't say anything about Evan Gabriel, but he's in it!  Maybe worth watching for... Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Re: 'Bored Silly'
Reply #2 - 31. Mar 2004 at 09:39
Print Post  
Never realised there was a review on this movie until I checked Cal's list of movie reviews.

Just wanted to mention that this movie has only been released on DVD R4 and can be ordered through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Their service is good, my copy was received a week after shipment (which is pretty good and quicker than ezydvd).

A trailer of Bored Silly can be found at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

'soles' :cwm39:

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: 'Bored Silly'
Reply #3 - 19. Jan 2005 at 22:34
Print Post  
R1 DVD release today

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print