Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) About a Boy (2002) (Read 17,192 times)
bub

About a Boy
Reply #15 - 25. Feb 2003 at 13:59
Print Post  
Yeah...  Or how about.." If you were paying any attention to you son instead of trying to kill yourself...  maybe you would know!"

I liked the movie... I bought the movie.. and have added it to my collection. 

I'm still really bummed I can't find a copy of "LIE" in the U.S.   I guess I'll have to get a credit card and order one off line.

Nice to see you guys again.  Haven't been here in a while.

devon
Ex Member

About a Boy
Reply #16 - 04. Mar 2003 at 20:46
Print Post  
My 13 year old nephew asked me the other day if I had it. Said he wanted to watch it.

I'm going to get it.

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: About a Boy
Reply #17 - 23. Sep 2003 at 14:35
Print Post  
nicholas hoult interviewed in the radio times - 13-19 sept.

about his new programme "star" on itv.

i will type in full interview tomorrow.

in the meantime - here's a teaser

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Sunday, September 14, 2003

During the World Book Day Chat 2003, Eoin Colfer was asked who he would like to play Artemis in the movie. On this occasion he replied that he had recently seen About A Boy and "thought the boy in that was excellent". That boy is Nicholas Hoult, a British 12-year-old with dark hair and blue eyes.

To coincide with the launch of "Star", a new series on ITV in which he plays a schoolboy who is also a Hollywood movie star, he was interviewed by the Radio Times. There is one particularly interesting portion of the interview:

Nicholas has also met Hollywood legend Robert De Niro. "I'd like to work with him the most," he admits. "He's pretty cool."

Curious that he mentions this, as Robert De Niro is set to be one of the producers of the Artemis Fowl movie. Whilst it could be a coincidence, the case for Nicholas Hoult as Artemis looks to be strengthening...

posted by Kitty Rainbow @ 1:58 PM

star- on itv thursday.

16:30 Star 

And the Winner Is... 

Children`s comedy drama series starring Nicholas Hoult as a 12-year-old movie star attempting to grow up in a normal environment. Bradley wins the award for best actor, but wants even more to win the hand of a woman he has asked to accompany him to the ceremony. 

Bradley NICHOLAS HOULT
Mitch GREGG CHILLIN
Billie HANNAH TOINTON
Mr Dorking MARK WILLIAMS
Mrs Fisher JULIA HILLS
Nicole JENNIFER HIGHAM

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #18 - 24. Sep 2003 at 03:37
Print Post  
here's full text of the radio times interview.
--------------
boy wonder - art imitiates life as nicholas hoult plays a schoolkid who happens to be a star - not too tough for a 12-year-old who hangs out with hugh grant.

you have to feel sorry for nicholas hoult.

in order to catch up with radio times; he must interrupt a spot of frisbee snatched between demanding scenes.

there isn't even time to eat lunch, and then it's back to school.

it sure is tough being a 12-year-old star.

he's perfect for the role of bradley fisher, a 12-year-old schoolboy who just happens to be a hollywood movie star as well, in ITV1 new teatime series STAR.

nicholas himself has already had a taste of stardom, having played opposite hugh grant in the 2001 feature film ABOUT A BOY.

so are he and bradley practically one and the same?

"there are aspects to bradley's life that i know, like going to film premieres, but he's a bigger and more extravagant version."

nicholas says : "i haven't personally taken a stretched limo from art to science class yet, as bradley does".

rather than pass on any tips on being a celebrity, hugh grant helped nicholas with his golf instead.

"`keep your head behind the ball and your wrists straight`, he said, which is great advice".

he and hugh are still email pals while nicholas has also met hollywood legend robert de niro.

"i'd like to work with him the most", he admits - "he's pretty cool".

but with all this fame in their lives isn't it hard for bradley and nicholas to be normal kids?

"the ones who let it go to their heads are the ones who crave fame", nicholas reckons.

"like bradley, i have normal friends, and do normal things, like watch tv.

"as long as you have a good family who help to keep your feet on the ground and you try to treat it all like a normal job, you'll be fine."
---------------------
interview by martin aston

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #19 - 24. Sep 2003 at 21:41
Print Post  
Thanks, aaaa.  I wouldn't have known a thing about this if you wouldn't have shared it, but the interviews with young stars like Nicholas Hoult are what really helps us to get to know them. Thanks for posting it. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #20 - 27. Sep 2003 at 10:22
Print Post  
Thanks aaaa... 

I think Nicholas would be a good choice to play Artemis so I hope they hurry up and get the movie filmed before he hits puberty. He turns 13 in December.

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #21 - 24. Apr 2004 at 05:37
Print Post  
from bam bamigboye column in daily mail :

nicholas hoult, the teenage actor who almost stole about a boy from hugh grant, will star as the young richard e grant in a film based on the actors childhood in swaziland.

grant, the son of a diplomat, calls his film Wah,Wah.

he plans to direct it on location this summer.

he cast hoult after weeks of auditions.

miranda richardson and emily watson are also rumoured to be cast.

hoult, 13, has been working with nicolas cage on the family dram The Weather Man.

initially grant had his eye on max pirkis, so brilliant as the young midshipman in master and commander.

but pirkis would be too busy with exams at eton.

speaking of eton Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print