Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Flight of the Innocent, The (1992) (Read 10,811 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Flight of the Innocent, The (1992)
12. May 2002 at 17:50
Print Post  

La corsa dell'innocente (1992)
English title: Flight of the Innocent
Directed by Carlo Carlei (Italy)
Boy actor: Manuel Colao

To be honest, I thought this film was rather mediocre. There is no real story or character development to keep your interest, and had it not been for the beautiful boy who plays the lead character, I probably would have tuned off before the end of the first half-hour.

Young Vito's entire family of criminals is massacred by a rival gang. Vito is the only survivor and he runs away... and keep running throughout the film, with a few villains on his trail, trying to kill him. He makes his way from the country to the city, where he meets his cousin or uncle (I forgot which). But Vito has to face the fact that his family was guilty of something (it was all so vague that I don't even remember exactly of what).

About halfway through the film, I really lost interest and started fast-forwarding the scenes that didn't involve the boy. Thankfully, there aren't too many of those, as he is the central character of the story.

Sort of half-recommended if you are a fan of the genre. There is some action and if I had cared for any of the characters, I might have been excited by it. It didn't work for me, but others might find it worth watching. (I admit I don't have much interest for this kind of film to begin with.)

The boy is absolutely beautiful, though, which in itself might make the whole film worth seeing. Here are a few pics. You can find more on Star Galaxy.
-------------------------
images expired

« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 05:04 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #1 - 12. May 2002 at 20:36
Print Post  
Since I put this on my top 20 list, I'll be the first to take up the task of defending it.   :badass:

My interpretation of this film is pretty much in accord with John Walker's review archived in the IMDB (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

In my view, the movie is a character study of Vito. It seems clear that if he was aware at all that his family was up to no good, he was only peripherally aware of the extent of their actions. Vito's growing understanding of the wrong that was committed by his family and his determination to atone for those actions makes this story way above the usual "boy in peril" plot line of so many movies. While Vito is indeed in peril, he is also determined to make peace as best he can with Simone's family. My love of the film is due in part to my admiration of his character.

I do not generally seek out action films either, but it sounds like you lost out on the very foundation of the film because of your disdain for the violence and chase scenes.

Were you to see it again, perhaps you would be able to appreciate it from the perspective of wanting to see Vito achieve his goals and atone for the misdeeds of his family.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 12. May 2002 at 20:56
Print Post  
Thanks for your comment Zabladowski. I saw that this one was in your top-20 after I poster my review, so I figured you wouldn't agree with my review. Smiley

It's possible that I didn't really make the effort to truly appreciate this one. Sometimes, one's state of mind can have a huge impact on the viewing experience, and perhaps I was just put off by what seemed to me like typical plotline.

I did notice that Vito was troubled by the realization of his family's crimes and that he tried to make peace with the other family. But for some reason, that element alone was not enough to really make me care about the character or film.

If I ever get another chance to see it, perhaps I'll give it another try.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #3 - 12. May 2002 at 21:23
Print Post  
Yes, josephk, Manuel Colao is one of the most beautiful boys to ever be in a movie! Julien Ciamaca is still the best, but Manuel is right up there close. Smiley

Personally, I agree with Zabladowski about the quality of this film, as I enjoyed the boy's story, even though I'm not usually much of an action-thriller type guy, either. Vito seemed to be confused about his family's role in criminal activities to me, but he seemed moreso to be a boy who just wanted life to go back to what it was before his family was murdered. I also felt a great admiration for his character. I understood a little about the way the crime families made war on one another, but his sure didn't seem like one to me in the beginning, until he arrived at his cousin's place in the city. (That was his cousin, wasn't it?) Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Flight of the Innocent, The (1992)
Reply #4 - 14. Mar 2013 at 16:47
Print Post  

Smiley I saw again this very good movie this afternoon. Manuel COLAO has a very good play in part of Vito. My movie rating is 9/10 !

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #5 - 14. Mar 2013 at 20:43
Print Post  
I really enjoyed this film.  Manuel Colao was excellent! 

Beautiful cinematography by Raffaele Mertes.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Cheesy

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 14. Mar 2013 at 21:59
Print Post  
Smiley I bought the DVD from amazon.it. It is in Italian with English sustitles.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 16. Mar 2013 at 06:41
Print Post  
I'm showing member josephk as "Ex-member, did he quit BA?! Sad

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 16. Mar 2013 at 06:44
Print Post  
I know members come and go, but he was a platnum member, which means he had been here quite a while!

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #9 - 16. Mar 2013 at 08:54
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm showing member josephk as "Ex-member, did he quit BA?! Sad

No, he hasn't left BA. For some reason his 1st post of this thread had a date before josephk's joining date. I've adjusted some dates so it no longer thinks the post was made before he joined (and therefore could have been made by a different person with the same username who then deleted his account - hence the Ex-Member).

Let me know if you find any more like this - for some reason quite a few of the dates seem to have gone a bit screwy.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 16. Mar 2013 at 11:26
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 16. Mar 2013 at 08:54:
Let me know if you find any more like this - for some reason quite a few of the dates seem to have gone a bit screwy.

To Err is human, to REALLY mess it up, takes a computer! Grin
and yes I'll watch out for more and let you know.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #11 - 19. Mar 2013 at 04:28
Print Post  
Weiiiiiiiiiiiiiird o__O

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print