Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Circling (2000) (Read 5,941 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Circling (2000)
30. Aug 2002 at 20:14
Print Post  

Here is another German father/son story called "Kleine Kreise" in its own language. It appears to have been released in 2001, but made a few years before that.  Jacob Matschenz is the boy actor of interest. The synopsis again comes from Kino magazine.

A notorious initiator of unsuccessful business ventures, Paul lives in a garage between a trading estate and a furniture centre. Since his wife left him, he has not seen his son Niki very often. One day during a weekend visit, the two of them get hold of a racing go-cart, just to take a few rides around. They quickly develop a taste for it. Together with the grumpy shopkeeper Karl, whom they exploit as a sponsor, they set out to roam from race to race during the summer holidays. It soon becomes fairly obvious that they don't have a chance. But Paul is far too stubborn to give up easily.
------------------------------
image expired
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 05:17 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Circling
Reply #1 - 31. Aug 2002 at 00:28
Print Post  
I could become a racing fan watching a boy like that. Yes, I sure could. Smiley

I like father-son stories, and will certainly check this one out if it comes to NTSC format.

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Circling
Reply #2 - 31. Aug 2002 at 03:21
Print Post  
Does anyone know how old the 'boy' is supposed to be?

Admittedly he's good looking in a gothic kind of way but he looks over 15 to me (his 'Depardieu' proportioned honker is a giveaway) so I'm not going to create a profile page unless there is evidence that he's 15 or under.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Circling
Reply #3 - 31. Aug 2002 at 08:37
Print Post  
Although Huck could probably say definitively, this article about Jacob and the movie at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (which is in German) says he's 15,  I think.

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Circling
Reply #4 - 31. Aug 2002 at 12:13
Print Post  
The boy was 15 when the movie was made and his character had the age of fourteen. I have seen this movie on TV and was not that impressed about it.

'soles'

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print