Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Gabriel & Me (2001) (Read 3,996 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Gabriel & Me (2001)
02. Sep 2002 at 16:15
Print Post  

Gabriel and Me is a British film which was written by Lee Hall, who also wrote "Billy Elliot". It features Sean Landless as Jimmy. Anyone in the UK can look forward to a video release on September 9th. This film also screened in Giffoni.

Eleven-year-old Jimmy Spud lives in Newcastle. He is a timid boy who doesn’t like sports, has very few friends and is convinced he doesn’t love his own father. Unemployed and depressed, his father spends his time fighting with his family and wishing his son was more of a success. Jimmy’s mother works in a fast-food restaurant and never seems to have much time for her son. The only person willing to spend time with Jimmy is his grandfather, who is always ready to discuss politics, philosophy and art with him. Jimmy’s secret dream is to be an angel so that he can defend others from the harm they do to each other and also so that his father will finally be proud of him. One day in the school changing room Jimmy finds himself face to face with the Archangel Gabriel and immediately asks him if can be an angel. But becoming an angel isn’t easy, and above all, it doesn’t automatically mean that you know everything. When his father discovers that he is gravely ill, a shocked Jimmy finds that not even Gabriel can help him.
----------------------
images expired
« Last Edit: 06. Jul 2008 at 04:46 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Gabriel and Me (2001)
Reply #1 - 03. Sep 2002 at 15:02
Print Post  
DVD R2 Release is also planned for 9 September. Best buy through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

'soles'

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print