Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Angel for May, An (2002) (Read 5,362 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Angel for May, An (2002)
15. Sep 2002 at 19:41
Print Post  

An Angel for May is a British film which is playing the festival circuit at present. It's young star is Matthew Beard whose image appears below. He appears to be making his film debut here, although he does have TV credits. I have been unable to find an official site for the film. The synopsis comes from the Giffoni Film Festival.

Tom, a twelve year old boy, is magically transported from the present to the time of the Second World War. Tom’s time tunnel is a burnt out fireplace in the ruins of an old farmhouse in a remote valley and his time travel guide is a sheep dog called Tess. When Tom tumbles through the fireplace he finds himself in the same farmyard, but it’s the 1940s and the farm is thriving. The farm is run by gruff but warm hearted Sam Wheeler who is looking after orphaned evacuee May. Tom develops an immediate and strong friendship with May. In the present day Tom’s parents are separated and his mother, Barbara, wants to marry Bob Harris. Tom is not happy with his mother’s plans for re-marriage. Back in the present after being ‘missing’ for three days, Tom is shocked to hear that the friends he made in the 40’s died in a bombing raid soon after he returned home. He rushes back to the magical fireplace and searches for Tess. He’s desperate to get back to the past to see if he can prevent the tragedy. But what happens when he gets back there has consequences in the present that he couldn’t imagine.

Time travel has been a topic that has played well before in both television and film. I'm looking forward to this film making its American debut in October.
------------------------
image expired
« Last Edit: 09. Feb 2004 at 07:10 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Angel for May, An (2002)
Reply #1 - 07. Oct 2002 at 22:55
Print Post  
This film has been announced as a selection in the Chicago International Children's Film Fest.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Angel for May, An (2002)
Reply #2 - 07. Oct 2002 at 23:54
Print Post  
Gosh, Zabladowski, they're all gonna be in Chicago, huh? I wish I could be there with you. Darn babies. I've got to attend a baptism that weekend. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Angel for May, An (2002)
Reply #3 - 08. Oct 2002 at 00:26
Print Post  
Sir J,

All of these PLUS Scars (did you ever get the video for that one?), Little Big Girl, Catch That Girl, In Desert and Wilderness, Passage To Ottawa, Children of Petroleum, Help I'm A Boy, Hildegarde, Race To Space, Tsatsiki - Friends Forever and an encore presentation of The Land of Faraway. (and some other films which don't appear to have any major boy roles). While I won't be able to see all of these films, I'm going to get to as many as I can. I'll try to work up info on some of these other titles as time allows. I'm not sure that it's the next best thing to being there....., but I guess it'll have to do.:smile2:

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Angel for May, An (2002)
Reply #4 - 09. Oct 2002 at 09:19
Print Post  
profile added.

This one sounds cool..  I like the time travel genre.

Finally got to see this movie..  it's well worth watching out for. Matthew Beard is perfect.
« Last Edit: 09. Feb 2004 at 07:10 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Angel for May, An (2002)
Reply #5 - 09. Oct 2002 at 09:30
Print Post  
I like the idea of time travel too. I've thought a few times how interesting it would be to go back and see myself at somewhere between the ages of 9 and 13. Be my own AF and YF.

Hmm.

IP Logged

Shiralee
Ex Member

Angel for May, An (2002)
Reply #6 - 18. May 2003 at 11:08
Print Post  
I saw this film just before Christmas and I was very impressed by the acting and the storyline:)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print