Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Max, Sally And The Magic Phone (2001) (Read 4,115 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Max, Sally And The Magic Phone (2001)
02. Oct 2002 at 23:32
Print Post  

Another film that appeared at the Karlovy Vary fest was Mach, Sebestová a kouzelné sluchátko (Max, Sally and the Magic Phone) the latest from Václav Vorlícek, the director who brought us MikeZ's discovery Tomas The Falconer. Robert Hájek stars as Mach, Jan Bochnák is one of the supporting performers.

Out of sheer curiosity, the ever-popular characters (Max, Sally and their dog Jonathan) from the Czech animated series Mach and Šebestová decide one day to investigate the real world. With the help of their magic telephone, they climb out of Grandma Řeháčková’s TV right into the house where she lives with her grandson Jakub. Because grandma and Jakub know the trio from the series very well, they give them a place to stay and try to be as accommodating as possible. In return, Max and Sally use the magic telephone to whisk Jakub off to see his parents who have been working in China for far too long. On their return they bring with them a new friend, Lin, the son of one of Jakub’s dad’s colleagues, who longed to see something of the Czech Republic. The telephone is well able to perform real miracles, it’s just that it can also, as often happens in the cartoon, create a lot of real confusion. And because the magical device will perform its trick for anyone regardless of their intentions, good or bad, it soon turns Grandma Řeháčková’s quiet home into utter chaos.... This comedy is packed with a plethora of humorous situations sure to please audiences of all ages, while top quality computer-generated effects help dissolve the border between the cartoon world and reality.

This second publicity still shows Mr. Vorlicek surrounded by some of his cast from the film.

----------
images expired
« Last Edit: 16. Feb 2004 at 22:58 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Mach, Sebestov‡ a kouzelnŽ sluch‡tko (2001)
Reply #1 - 01. Jun 2003 at 11:56
Print Post  
Guess I missed this one when first posted. But found this DVD recently during a trip to the Czech Republic. R2 DVD, including English subtitles, can also be bought online through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This website has an English version, so very easy to handle.

'soles' :cwm39:
------------------------
image expired
« Last Edit: 16. Feb 2004 at 22:59 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Mach, Sebestov‡ a kouzelnŽ sluch‡tko (2001)
Reply #2 - 01. Jun 2003 at 13:43
Print Post  
Thanks, 'soles. It's good to know of a site in English for Czech dvd's, for sure! There are a few others I'd like to check for there. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Mach, Sebestová a kouzelné sluchátko (2001)
Reply #3 - 07. Jun 2003 at 23:56
Print Post  
I couldn't find the movie on that site when I did a search  Sad

Anyway, I'll add a profile for this movie .. thanks for the reminder.

I notice that Zab posted a couple of images from the movie that seem to have got lost..  if anyone has them perhaps they would kindly repost them in this thread.

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Reply #4 - 08. Jun 2003 at 00:55
Print Post  
Cal, here's a link that will bring you directly to the movie:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

'soles' :cwm39:

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 08. Jun 2003 at 03:03
Print Post  
thanks...

i must have missed one of those little squiggly wigglies above one of those letters  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print