Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Kald mig bare Aksel (2002) (Read 3,652 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Kald mig bare Aksel (2002)
20. Oct 2002 at 21:08
Print Post  

Denmark just closed out it's annual Children's Film Festival. While scanning their website I came across a few new films for my list. The first of these is Kald mig bare Aksel, which will be known as Wallah Be in English speaking territories. This film stars Adam Gilbert Jespersen as Aksel. Its official website is at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
This link will be more useful to you if you speak Danish, but even if you don't, you will want to download and view the trailer.
The synopsis of the film is from the Danish Film Institute.

Aksel is ten years old. He lives with his mother and elder sister on a housing estate in the suburbs. There's a week's holiday from school coming up and Aksel reluctantly must spend the day time at his local after-school club. A stray dog and a song contest organized by the club are the start of a friendship between Aksel and two girls, Annika and Fatima. But things go wrong and Fatima is grounded, leaving Aksel to take matters into his own hands in order to rescue the song contest, the dog, and the school holidays.

There is a far less polished plot summary available at IMDB as well.

(Edited by MikeZ at 4:00 pm on Mar. 23, 2003)
« Last Edit: 03. Mar 2004 at 22:28 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #1 - 20. Oct 2002 at 21:39
Print Post  
Sounds interesting, and Aksel is cute. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Reply #2 - 18. Mar 2003 at 15:45
Print Post  
DVD R2 of Kald mig bare Aksel is announced for the beginning of April. For those who are not familiar with the Danish language: as far as my information goes this release includes English subtitles.

You may check (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) where the DVD is listed as 'Kald mig bare Axel'. Ordering through this site is somewhat difficult but not impossible. In the past I just sent them an email and placed my order. Not sure if they accept orders from overseas, but you may try. My experiences with this site are very positive.

'soles' :cwm39:
------------------------
image expired
« Last Edit: 06. Mar 2004 at 20:48 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 22. Mar 2003 at 09:00
Print Post  
Profile added:

<a href=http://www.boyacts.com/cgi-bin/movie.cgi?ref=950>Wallah Be (2002)</a> <<-- click
Adam Gilbert Jespersen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print