Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Marie Baie des Anges (1997) (Read 3,756 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Marie Baie des Anges (1997)
24. Oct 2002 at 23:01
Print Post  
The boy in the picture is Nicholas Welbers, who only has a supporting role in <i>Marie baie des anges</i>, although some of his scenes are really nice (as you can probably tell).

The movie itself is very strange, completely fragmented and rather difficult to follow. There isn't much going on, really, and we never really get inside any character's head - it's like watching them act without ever understanding why they are acting that way or even exactly what it is they are doing. The movie seems to be a stylistic experiment, juxtaposing breathtakingly beautiful images (not just this boy, but the landscapes too) and shocking or violent ones.

Interesting, but not if you're looking for a traditional narrative. I'm not sure I really got anything out of it, other than a few nice captures of this cute little guy.

(I also thought the protagonist, played by Frédéric Malgras, was very good looking, but he's too old for most of your tastes and doesn't really fall in the "boy" category, so I'm not posting any images.)

---------------------------
images expired
« Last Edit: 01. Jul 2008 at 04:19 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

del bosque
Silver Member

Marie Baie des Anges
Reply #1 - 25. Oct 2002 at 14:09
Print Post  
Nice captures, josephk.  I saw this when it was released in London in 1999, though I think it was filmed in 1997.  Speaking for myself, I was bowled over by Frederic as Orso, the dangerous runaway gypsy boy.  I wish I could post pics but I can't get the hang of it; my VHS copy of this movie is near DVD quality.  If Frenchie is reading this, could he say what happenned to Frederic ?  I'm very curious.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print