Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Eva & Adam (2001) (Read 4,998 times)
socksoles
Silver Member

Eva & Adam (2001)
12. Nov 2002 at 13:34
Print Post  

Background
Eva & Adam originates from a series of children's books, written by Johan Unenge and Måns Garthon. The first book was published in 1995.  In 1998 Swedish Television made a series of Eva & Adam starring Ellen Fjaestad as Eva and Carl-Robert Holmer Kårell as Adam. The series, 16 episodes in total, was a big hit and was soon followed by a movie: Eva och Adam; Fyra födelsedagar och ett fiasco (Eve and Adam; four birthdays and a fiasco). Both Ellen as Carl-Robert also starr in the movie, a bit older though than in the first series.

Story
Eve and Adam are going steady for three years already (two years, ten months and 27 days to be exact). On her 14th birthday her and Adam's parents discuss the plans to go to Greece for the holidays. All looks great but things are about to change. Annika, Eve's best friend is moving out with her mother after the divorce of her parents. And Eve wonders if she's still in love with Adam. And if he's the one she wants to stay with for the rest of her life. These doubts makes her break up with Adam. During a party of Annika's mother, where Eve, Adam, Annika and friends help  waiting tables Adam meets Petra, Annika's step-sister. Petra seems to be attracted to Adam. They meet again at the birthday party of Eve's little brother and start dating. Eve is in doubt whether she made the right choice to break up with Adam, but definitely messes things up during a school performance, calling Adam a baby right on the stage. At a pool party at Annika's and Petra's house things aren't getting better between Eve and Adam. Getting together again looks further away than ever...........

Comments
Eva och Adam is a nice and entertaining movie. Especially for those who saw the tv-series as well. The story is a simple love story and as such a real coming of age movie. If you have the chance to see the movie you should certainly do so.

DVD R2
Both the TV-series (2 DVD's) as the movie are available on DVD R2. The TV-series do not have English subtitles, but are nevertheless recommendable. Carl-Robert looks even cuter when young. Besides all episodes are very nice to watch. The movie does have English subtitles, so for those who are able to play R2 DVD's: don't hesitate to buy! All three DVD's can be bought through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) I have ordered with them in the past and their service is real good.

Links
Two links, unfortunately both only in Swedish. The first link   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) is the most interesting link with lots of information about Eve and Adam. Alas, only for those who can read Swedish. The second link (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) is only about the tv-series and has less information.

'soles' :cwm39:
-------------------
images expired
« Last Edit: 01. Jul 2008 at 04:26 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Review: Eva och Adam (Sweden 2001)
Reply #1 - 12. Nov 2002 at 20:44
Print Post  
'soles,

Thanks for an excellent presentation. I have been interested in this movie ever since Sensitive Stephen mentioned it on his site a while back. I'm pleased to hear it is available in English, now I just need to convince Santa that I was nice enough to get an all-region DVD player. :angel:

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Review: Eva och Adam (Sweden 2001)
Reply #2 - 12. Nov 2002 at 22:20
Print Post  
Zab, if you have a dvd-drive and a good video card on your computer it might be a lot cheaper to get software that allows you to watch all-region DVDs. I'm thinking about doing that myself. My video card has a TV-output option and I haven't noticed much of a difference in picture quality between my DVD player and my DVD-drive, watching both on the same TV.

If anyone has info on what software is available and how they work, please post that information in the off topic forum. I'm sure it would be useful for other members too.

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Re: Eva & Adam (2001)
Reply #3 - 04. Jul 2012 at 03:07
Print Post  
I was looking for as many (on topic) Swedish titles as I could find and came across the tv series on YouTube.  Unfortunately, I only (looked for and) found it in Swedish, and I don't suspect there are any subtitles.  However, Carl-Robert Holmer Kårell (Adam) is quite a lure, and I speak Swedish, so I suspect I'll be watching this (I have already downloaded them so I can watch them offline on my ipod).

here's the first episode of season 1, and all the rest are easily found from there.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print